Outdoors
Sponsored by

Need Recommendations: Rockport Wade Fishing

4,818 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mark Fairchild
captaingus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Headed to Rockport this weekend for my bachelor party.. 3-4 of us are getting in early Friday afternoon and are looking to get an evening wade in. We're staying in Key Allegro but open to suggestions on any spots in the area that we can get to without a boat. Will probably throw some shrimp under popping corks and croaker on some chatter rigs.

Thanks in advance!
Caesar4
AG
Based on recent news, I guess I'd suggest this:
captaingus
AG
Ordered some off Amazon after the thread this morning.
ToHntortoFsh
I've seen people wade there in front of Key Allegro on the bay side, you could wade quite a bit of little bay the rockport beach is shallow a loooong way out there and you can get some very nice trout out there, if you come out of Key Allegro and take a right at the gas station once you pass Key Allegro North you can wade that area as well. Finally, people wade all along the intercoastal from Cove Harbor to the Aransas Pass bridge and also all along hwy 361 from Aransas Pass to Port Aransas.

There are TONS of places, hope that helps.
"America is a nation that can be defined in a single word:

Asufutimaehaehfutbw"
SanAntoneAg
SanAntoneAg
AG
Little Bay has produced in the mornings before the jet ski and boat traffic hits.

Had success at Goose Island SP, walking in off of the steps of the pier.

Also, around the Copano Bay bridge.
Mark Fairchild
AG
The Bay side of Traylor Island can produce some big trout, good bottom, great wade if you have a boat to get out there. As the above post HIBICLENS when wading. Some sections of Little Bay have recently had large areas filled in with ostler shell, you do not want to wade and get cut by shell, also what foot wear for Little Bay. After Harvey there is A LOT of stuff on the bottom that can damage you or your boat.

Just wondering, why not get a guide (or two considering size of party) and REALLY catch some fish. Please check out our Heat Indexs down here, with the high over us the Fells Like Temps are triple digits with some as high as 112. Water temps in the 80's and air at 112 is not refreshing, even when wading.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.