Outdoors
Sponsored by

John Deere Maroon?

5,625 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
DallasAggies01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The guy who owns this may need his picture in the dictionary next to the term Red Ass. For reference I saw it today in Sargent I'm sure someone on this Board knows the guy.

AgEng98
I visit Alabama regularly and you wouldn't see a Tide fan doing something like this. Let that sink in... Bama fans would say it's excessive.
cuz-i-can
AG
AgEng98 said:

I visit Alabama regularly and you wouldn't see a Tide fan doing something like this. Let that sink in... Bama fans would say it's excessive.

https://images.app.goo.gl/FA7yZBgMjuEFwzDt6
Gunny456
AG
Mr. Doggett owns Doggett Machinery and he is a major big time Ag and has a suite at Kyle Field. His General Manager of all their locations is an Ag as well. Maybe it is one of them.
Codes12
AG
Doggett was (and probably still is) an official sponsor of Texas A&M. Probably customized it as a promotion. Once it served its purpose, it was probably sold like any other John Deere hoe in their inventory.
C Loves L
AgEng98 said:

Sounds like you have never been to Alabama
Serious Lee
id do that to a kubota or ford, but john deere green shouldnt be messed with
BigHead 04
AG
Saw it parked outside the north end zone for game day a couple years ago. My kids climbed all over it the night before.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FIDO*98*
AG
C Loves L said:

AgEng98 said:

Sounds like you have never been to Alabama

Or even met a Bama grad
1990AG
AG
AgEng98 said:

I bet that sounded a lot smarter in your head before you typed it!

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
AgEng98 said:

agfan2013
AG

Always thought this one had a cool paint job. One of you tractor experts can tell us if it's a JD or what, I can't tell for myself. (I didn't take the pic, I think it's from a Columbus, TX tractor parade)
rilloaggie
AG
Holy crap! I painted that tractor! My dad bought it when I was a freshman at a&m and we painted it over the summer. Picture may be from the Canyon, TX 4th of July parade. Not sure if he's got the tractor anymore or not. I'll have to look through my pictures and see if I still have the ones I took while we were working on it. It's an Allis-Chalmers tractor. They came from the factory in an ugly ass orange color. It was a rust bucket when we got it so we didn't feel the need to preserve the original paint and the redass Aggie fish in me at the time couldn't bear to paint it orange on purpose.

Edit: dad says picture is from a tractor show in Lubbock. Surprised it wasn't egged while in tardland
DriftwoodAg
AG
agfan2013 said:

Always thought this one had a cool paint job. One of you tractor experts can tell us if it's a JD or what, I can't tell for myself. (I didn't take the pic, I think it's from a Columbus, TX tractor parade)
sunchaser
AG
So we have now found the ahole that created the bevel....
Codes12
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

id do that to a kubota or ford, but john deere green shouldnt be messed with
The backhoe was originally construction yellow so no sins were committed here.
rilloaggie
AG
I think the decal came straight from the MSC bookstore. We had the rest of them made. I'm more upset that it ended up looking a tad too purple instead of a true maroon. I didn't realize I could research such things at the time so I just picked the color that looked closest based on the book at the paint shop.
FIDO 96
AG
I'm not an expert, but I'm thinking Farmall Cub. 50s/60s era
agfan2013
AG
rilloaggie said:

Holy crap! I painted that tractor! My dad bought it when I was a freshman at a&m and we painted it over the summer. Picture may be from the Canyon, TX 4th of July parade. Not sure if he's got the tractor anymore or not. I'll have to look through my pictures and see if I still have the ones I took while we were working on it. It's an Allis-Chalmers tractor. They came from the factory in an ugly ass orange color. It was a rust bucket when we got it so we didn't feel the need to preserve the original paint and the redass Aggie fish in me at the time couldn't bear to paint it orange on purpose.

Edit: dad says picture is from a tractor show in Lubbock. Surprised it wasn't egged while in tardland

Ha, well small world I guess. My boss took that picture as he likes going to random tractor shows/parades whenever he can and had it labeled as a Columbus parade, I'll tell him it's incorrectly labeled. Neat tractor though, yall did a good job.
C4D
AG
Stinks like a troll in here
DallasAggies01
AG
I kind of figured that may have something to do with it.
Burdizzo
AG
20 replies, and I am he first to post...

Dig 'em, Aggies.
Gunny456
AG
That's funny right there........
Satellite of Love
AgEng98 said:

Yes you would.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
rilloaggie
AG
Here are some before and after photos of the tractor. That was a fun project. And I am amazed that it was 13 years ago!

Stasco
AG
John Deeeeeere Marooooooooon

On a hot summer niiiiiiiiight
fightingfarmer09
I could be mistake, but I could swear that backhoe or something painted similar was at the auction in El Campo a while back.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
AgEng98 said:

bama fans couldn't afford a custom paint job. That cost walking around money for the average Ag.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.