Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hot tubs are outdoors

2,008 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TAMUallen
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are thinking of putting a hot tub under our back porch. We have a 3 year old and 7 year old that would enjoy it as much as we would. We look at the Hot Springs brand over the weekend in Tyler and they are anywhere from $7,000 to $12,000. Anybody have one and can give me some info?
PFG
AG
I don't know anyone who has a hot tub that's more than 7-10 years old. Just something to be aware of- the required maintenance, upkeep, then future replacement or restructuring of deck/yard when you have to fill the space.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yea the maintenance is why I'd want to buy a new one with a parts & labor warranty. It would be under our back porch on the concrete slab. So it should move in and out pretty easily. But you do make a good point.
EastTexAg09
I'm under the impression that hot tubs require 240V service. Do you have 240 on the back porch? If it runs off of 110, do you have a circuit that can handle the amp load?
gumgardener
AG
Money saving tip:

Get an Rx from your doctors office or chiropractor for hydrotherapy treatment. This way you can use your HSA to pay for it using pretax dollars. You also get charged no sales tax so there is a double benefit of doing it this way.

Edit for clarity.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yea I'd need to run service because I don't want a 110 one. But they breaker box is just around the corner.
water turkey
We just bought a new Calspa and put it on a slab in the back yard. 8x8 (6 person) for $7900.

Enjoying it so far.
hopeandrealchange
Ours is going on 14 years old.
I love it in the winter. Shut it down in the summer. I have my coffee in the tub every morning and watch stars every night from the tub.
Went way out of the way to make it happen but I have shot a deer from the Tub. Scope fogged up so I had to grab the robe and go find a lever gun with open sights.
Maintenance is most definitely an issue. If you can do it yourself it is much cheaper. Our tub has two, two speed pumps. I usually keep a motor- pump assembly rebuilt in stock and ready to go.
The Wife and I do our best talking in the tub.
My children are grow with kids of their own so I am quite a bit older. Our tub helps keep these two old folks up and moving.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
10-11 tub sits a week!
MouthBQ98
AG
They make $400-$600 inflatable ones you use a few days and put away when you don't want to run it.
jtp01
AG
We had one at a previous home and I miss it every morning and evening. Since we are in the farmhouse temporarily while our custom home is being built we don't really have space for one. We actually had specifically planned on the location of our hot tub and are deliberately installing a hose bib and electrical to the location for the tub. We will be running conduit up through the slab for concealing the wiring for it and give flexibility for pulling new wire if needed in the future.
The Fall Guy
AG
Well if the kids are grown the hot tub can be used extensively for sexy time....
hopeandrealchange
The Fall Guy said:

Well if the kids are grown the hot tub can be used extensively for sexy time....

Us old folks where taught not to kiss and tell. But You young folks might be surprised to learn it was not your generation that invented what you refer to as sexy time.
TAMUallen
AG
For the next 4 hrs you can order an inflatable for 282 bucks Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHO0IEU/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.