Outdoors
Sponsored by

Yeti 65 quart - $250 on Amazon today

3,270 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CTGilley
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prime Day deal.

https://www.amazon.com/apb/page/ref=gbps_img_m-6_de31_9c59b6e9?handlerName=OctopusDealLandingStream&deals=9c59b6e9&marketplaceId=ATVPDKIKX0DER&smid=A1KWJVS57NX03I&pf_rd_p=0c5399c9-625f-429e-9848-70b8d73cde31&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=13887280011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=46CZYDBSE7Y38VP2SGHP
malenurse
AG
Well crap....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
PFG
AG
Like this one better:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Premium-Jumbo-Tote-Gray/188204328
highvelocity
AG
Yeti. Is. Trash.
Todd 02
AG
RTIC 65 is $215.
CTGilley
AG
Todd 02 said:

RTIC 65 is $215.
I have one. It never sealed correctly. Since it was a gift, there is no warranty. My Coleman holds ice better. I still keep the RTIC in the truck due to durability. I am drying it out now to try to run silicone around the seal to try and improve it.

I called offering to pay for a new seal and was told no.
agcrock2005
AG

Quote:

Yeti. Is. Trash.
No.They.Actually.Work.Very.Well.
Furlock Bones
AG
CTGilley said:

Todd 02 said:

RTIC 65 is $215.
I have one. It never sealed correctly. Since it was a gift, there is no warranty. My Coleman holds ice better. I still keep the RTIC in the truck due to durability. I am drying it out now to try to run silicone around the seal to try and improve it.

yep. i actually got a warranty replacement for my 45. still sucks.
rootube
AG
CTGilley said:

Todd 02 said:

RTIC 65 is $215.

I am happy with my RTIC 65 other than the fact that it weighs as much as a small sedan and I'm getting too old to comfortably move it around when it is full of ice.
clem93
AG
Interesting.... I have to unscrew the drain plug to open my RTiC 65 when therebis ice in it. Seals too well.

Mine is the pre-settlement model. You know the one that looks identical to a Yeti.
highvelocity
AG
Yeti. The company. Not. The product. Is. Trash.

There. Clarified.
CTGilley
AG
I have an early one also. Shortly after I bought mine they switched from the rubber freezer style to the foam style seal. The seal sometimes works better if I "fluff" it up but I noticed it is starting to tear. That is why I am going to try silicone between the 2 layers to keep it up.
tmaggies
AG
Marketing works well....sheep
Aggieangler93
AG
My only complaint with Rtic is that the rubber feet have popped off my 125. I need to figure out where they went, or how to buy replacements to glue on.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
agcrock2005
AG
AgEng06
AG
I popped one of the feet off of my RTIC 145 as well, sliding it into the bed of my truck. It has happened a few times, but only when it was seriously loaded down (the first time it was loaded with ice and elk).
rlb28
AG
PFG said:

Like this one better:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Premium-Jumbo-Tote-Gray/188204328
i know nothing about coolers and picked this one up about a year ago. great buy.
BCStalk
How is the zipper on it?
rlb28
AG
That's one thing I was worried about. But it seems like that's the strongest part of the whole thing
CharlieBrown17
AG
CTGilley said:

Todd 02 said:

RTIC 65 is $215.

That sucks. I put 20 lbs of ice and warm beer in my 65 Friday at 1 or so and there's still a little ice and some cold ass water in it right now.
CTGilley
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

CTGilley said:

Todd 02 said:

RTIC 65 is $215.

That sucks. I put 20 lbs of ice and warm beer in my 65 Friday at 1 or so and there's still a little ice and some cold ass water in it right now.
The fact that it has an issue does not bother me. The (what I consider) poor customer service is the issue I have with RTIC. I tried to have it replaced when new. No. Ok I understand can I buy a replacement part for the defective part? No!. WTF
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.