Outdoors
Sponsored by

Corpus Christi fishing spots

2,000 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by B-1 83
aggiefan09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be headed to Port A next week fo a family vacation, but will be in Corpus for work on the weekend. Reading the TPWD fishing report, they reference a few spots, the edge of the spoils and the pot holes. I don't know much about that area as we usually surf fish for whatever is biting.

Where are those locations? I'm assuming the bay. If that is case I'll most likely be sticking to the jetties. Does anybody know what's biting?Bait/lure suggestions?
lazuras_dc
AG
Croaker , shrimp, gulp

From Port A shamrock cove has plenty of wadeable from the road/parking areas. Just make sure to not keep any valuables in the truck. Croaker hole is producing some reds as of late if the tide is high enough.

Spoil islands are on either side of the ICW. Hard to access without kayak or boat.
aggiefan09
AG
Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be sticking to the jetties then. Having the family with me will make it hard to Wade fish and not be able to pull some Dad duties with a 2 and 4 year old.

Any info about fish at the jetties?
FIDO*98*
AG
aggiefan09 said:

You'll be crossing lines if you catch a fish. People stack up in there
Aggieangler93
AG
Popping cork and shrimp at the jetties is hard to beat for kids wanting to catch a pull. Just get the shrimp about 3 foot down the line from the cork, and pitch it 10 feet off the rocks.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
AggieFabricator
Lemon rig.
water turkey
Go bang elbows at Packery Channel.
SanAntoneAg
AG
aggiefan09 said:

Reading the TPWD fishing report, they reference a few spots, the edge of the spoils and the pot holes. I don't know much about that area as we usually surf fish for whatever is biting.

Ah, yes, the mythical potholes. No one much talks about that area anymore. I'm surprised to see it in print, actually. Especially after what happened there and whatnot.
lazuras_dc
AG
Pot Holes and Zephyr Cove are always hot year around
B-1 83
AG
AggieFabricator said:

Lemon rig.
My go to. I fish Packery North Jetty 75% of the time. Live shrimp, lemon rig fished at least 4x4 (I do 6x6), and GET THERE AT DAYLIGHT.
aggiefan09
AG
Any recommendations on top water, swim bait lures or is live the best option?
Joe Exotic
AG
Spook junior in bone was my go to growing up in the Keys
Joe Exotic
AG
Going to be in Port A in a few weeks and want to take my kayak pretty bad but it sounds like you basically subject your parked truck to roving bands of constant break ins once you get 20 yards away from it.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Go park and fish Brown & Root Flats in your yak.

I've never had any issues with my vehicle there.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
aggiefan09 said:

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be sticking to the jetties then. Having the family with me will make it hard to Wade fish and not be able to pull some Dad duties with a 2 and 4 year old.

Here are some options with piers included from ThresherFishing's YouTube channel:

I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
B-1 83
AG
aggiefan09 said:

Any recommendations on top water, swim bait lures or is live the best option?
Tough to beat newpenny Gulps on a jig
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.