Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bay fishing guide in 30A Florida

1,716 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiefan83
cpscAG06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are preferably looking for an Ag who is a bay fishing guide in 30A. We are also looking for someone who is kid friendly, since we are bringing along our 5 year old.

Thanks in advance
TxAg20
AG
Capt. Jimbo Bishop with Fish On Charters 30A out of Grayton Beach is great. I've taken my kids twice with him. Once at 3 and 6 and this summer at 4 and 7.
LSB_2002
AG
TxAg20 said:

Capt. Jimbo Bishop with Fish On Charters 30A out of Grayton Beach is great. I've taken my kids twice with him. Once at 3 and 6 and this summer at 4 and 7.
Want to hear more about this. Have our 8th annual trip this year in early August and was thinking of doing a fishing trip with the family. Haven't ever done it, so was thinking Bay might be best, as to avoid any sea sickness issues.

Love to hear more about people's experience.
TxAg20
AG
Jimbo isn't an Ag, but he is a nice guy. Here's his Instagram:
https://instagr.am/p/Bzsz5Abgbmu

I guess I've fished with him the last 4 summers. We've always caught plenty of fish and Jimbo always has a great attitude. He can take 4 people in addition to himself and a deck hand on his center console boat. I would call it inshore fishing. It's in the ocean, but within 8 miles of shore. They launch from the beach which is cool if you've never done it.

Here's my kids on Jimbo's boat this year:
https://instagr.am/p/ByAoBrhAhew

I'll try to find a picture of our catch. It was something like 7 mahi, 10 mingos, and a couple of other keepers in a 1/2 day. Caught a handful of trigger fish and a bunch of red snapper we couldn't keep because their season hadn't started.
FSGuide
Last summer we were on vacation at Inlet Beach, FL. We watched a crew launch from the beach right next to us. They came back several hours later and trailered up and they had a lot of fish. You could tell they'd launched like that a lot. Smooth operation. We might give this guy a holler, we are going back in mid-August.
docb
AG
I'd doubt you'll find an Ag fishing guide there. Not exactly a job that requires a college degree. I personally could care less where someone went to school as long as their nice and good at what they do.
cpscAG06
AG
Completely agree with you. Just wanted to help out a fellow Ag if someone knew of someone down there.
LSB_2002
AG
cpscAG06 said:

Completely agree with you. Just wanted to help out a fellow Ag if someone knew of someone down there.
When are you guys going? Might piggie back off of your experience if you're there before us.
aggiefan83
AG
Any other recommendations on guides near Grayton Beach? I've contacted Jimbo and a few others about pricing and availability, just waiting to hear back. We're going in early August.

What about places to take your fish to be cooked once you get back? Any places y'all recommend?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.