Outdoors
Sponsored by

Tropical Storms are Outdoors

49,564 Views | 225 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Swarely
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maverick12 said:

...and, it's got a name now. Hopefully, it just moves on through and drops a little rain where it's needed.
That would be ideal.

But I doubt it happens. It will probably rain a metric crap ton along the coast where we really don't need it and not rain much inland where they could use it.
98Ag99Grad
AG
it's not going anywhere until the high pressure ridge to the north moves and that's not expected for a couple of days.
Ogre09
AG

G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Friendswood has had 5-6" so far and it's just starting
DallasAggies01
AG
schmellba99 said:

maverick12 said:

...and, it's got a name now. Hopefully, it just moves on through and drops a little rain where it's needed.
That would be ideal.

But I doubt it happens. It will probably rain a metric crap ton along the coast where we really don't need it and not rain much inland where they could use it.

Yeah 18.5 inches today already in Sargent.
schmellba99
AG
DallasAggies01 said:

schmellba99 said:

maverick12 said:

That would be ideal.

Yeah 18.5 inches today already in Sargent.
That should just about put most of Sargent underwater
88planoAg
AG
Seven said:

Friendswood has had 5-6" so far and it's just starting
T&P for Friendswood
DallasAggies01
AG
Pretty much all the piers are covered and low lying houses have water. When I got in at 10 last night my pier was still at least a foot above creek level. This morning it's over the pier by 3 ft.
schmellba99
AG
DallasAggies01 said:

Pretty much all the piers are covered and low lying houses have water. When I got in at 10 last night my pier was still at least a foot above creek level. This morning it's over the pier by 3 ft.
Man, didn't realize it was going to be close to that high.
DallasAggies01
AG
Yeah pretty nuts. Rain tapering off here. I just hope Wharton doesn't get too much. All that will just glow down here and add to it.
schmellba99
AG
Can't say for Wharton. I've heard rumors that Bay City was hammered, but a lot can change in that 20 mile stretch between the two.

13+ inches in Lake Jackson in some areas. Rough, but manageable. Surfside has some pretty significant flooding, Galveston has some as well.
Bregxit
AG
Wharton is getting hammered right now.
DallasAggies01
AG
Yeah bay city got hit too. Creek starting to go down now.
0708aggie
AG
Parents said Sargent has water over some roads and the ditches are full. Not too bad. Should have another wave tonight.
DallasAggies01
AG
All true. So far tonight storms have popping up around us but hitting here.

ETA: the house that normally flood on a big rain have flooded again. It came so quick though that parts of 457 were impassable this morning.
Bregxit
AG
Swarely
Not out of the woods yet!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.