Outdoors
Sponsored by

Need help finding contact info for bicyclist that rode into side of my truck

2,620 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Schall 02
Schall 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On Thursday, a gentlemen swerved his bike into the side of my truck, causing significant damage to the passenger bedside. He gave me a fake name and number and refused to text me before riding off before the cops could be called. (I had my young kids with me.) We have since tracked him down on social media and I have his name from Facebook and LinkedIn. I need his address and phone number, however, to get the local PD engaged and/or to serve him with a small claims lawsuit. Incident happened in metro Denver, CO area.

I've seen the power of the outdoor board first hand, and hate that I have to ask for that help now. But people suck. Any help appreciated. My email is in my profile. Lots of beers on me.
longeryak
Go to spokeo.com and put the name and location in and see if he's listed.

Or put in a claim with your insurer and give them the info you have and let them go after him.
aggiedent
AG
I've said this many times before on this forum. Unless he wants to pay you, it's a waste of time. Police will not get "engaged" over a minor accident without injuries. Small claims court w/o witnesses is a total waste of time. Insurance companies will never waste their time going after him.

So, unless he's willing to pay, it's either use your own insurance or pay for it yourself. Yes that sucks, but it's the way it is.
Schall 02
AG
I get all of that. But I do have police contacts and don't have legal fees, so taking him on a ride or dinging his credit with a small judgment provides me some sense of fair play.
Schall 02
AG
And I do have a witness.
aggiedent
AG
My wife had multiple witnesses when a gunite truck tore into the side of her car. No injuries. Did the cops care? No. Did my insurance company go after the gunite company? No. Did my company lawyer (my business) think small claims court was a good option even with witnesses? No.

I know many folks, one on this forum, who have had similar experiences. Everyone ended up using their own insurance. Obviously you can do as you please, but court will waste a lot of your time and probably leave you with minimal satisfaction.

Good luck!!!
FIDO 96
AG
NM
danieljustin06
AG
Schall, hopefully FS Guide will chime in and you get some satisfaction out of it.

Hope y'all are doing well otherwise. It's been a long while since I've seen y'all. - Rohmer
FSGuide
Schall-

Send me the info you have on the guy.

TheTexaspi@Gmail.com

Yesterday
AG
Had a tow truck scrape the backside of my truck while trying to turn behind me into a gas station. I did any turn and confronted the guy who of course denied the whole thing until a witness came over and cooberated my side of the story.

Took down the tow trucks insurance and the witnesses info at the scene. Tried to claim the damage on the tow companies insurance and surprise surprise they claimed he wasn't at fault. I had the witness contact his insurance and next thing you know they offered to pay for 50%. Told them to EAD and I'll be happy to take the witness to court with me and ask for damages, court/lawyer fees in addition to damage. They came back and paid 100%.

So there is hope if you have a witness but that was fighting an insurance company, not a small claims judge. I do have a feeling you would be in good standing with a witness who isn't related to get a judgement. Fight the good fight.
BCStalk
I sure am glad I haven't had this unfortunate experience. I can be a very vindictive person when it comes to dishonest people.
chris1515
AG
Get a dash camera. Everyone should have one.
Schall 02
AG
Thanks, FS. I sure will.

Danny, hope all is well brother.

And yeah, I already made an insurance claim. I get it. But Aggies do not like, cheat or steal nor tolerate those who do...
PFG
AG
Life is too damn short.

Go to your insurance. That's what you pay them for. Fix the car, move on with life.

You're going after the other guy bc he gave you a fake name and you're butt hurt. It ain't gonna do you any good, but it will cost you time and probably some money. So enjoy that, I guess?
PFG
AG
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3017212/replies/53643604#53643604
Broba Fett
I would absolutely be vindictive if some assclown was in the wrong and then provided false information. Sounds like some broken wheels are in his future
agrams
AG
I had a 2015 cherokee hydroplane in front of me on the freeway last year. I t-boned them at about 25-30 miles an hour square on their passenger side. They gave insurance and info, but turns out it was lapsed insurance, so I had to use my uninsured coverage for my damages. Fortunately, I have a ranchhand summit bullnose front bumper, and while I totaled the jeep, it only cost me $250 deductible to replace my bumper. Screw them and their totaled jeep non-insured driving asses...
atmdds03
AG
Good luck.
DeWrecking Crew
I don't have social media, but I get a sense people wouldn't like to be put on blast on social media, can you DM his significant other, tell them the story and explain you're going to blast it on social media and tag all their friends if they don't make it right? Is that a thing?
FishrCoAg
AG
How did you track him down with no name or number?
Schall 02
AG
He was wearing a distinct shirt. Tracked down that group's Facebook page, and scrolled through who liked the posts. Found our hero. Distinct tattoos, matching bike, etc. The group is by some accounts an aggressive pro-cycling gang of bicyclists.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.