Outdoors
Sponsored by

Experience With Continental Tires

950 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CharlieBrown17
tom59
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would appreciate any experience, good or bad, with Continental tires on an SUV. Thanks in advance.
dodger02
AG
They're on my wife's CX9. I forget what model she has and she's not home right now for me to check.

They're fine for a van/SUV daily driver. I'd buy them again.
Bert315
AG
Just replaced the ones that came on my wife's CR-V. They made it 47k miles. Issue I had is they started to come apart the last week or so with several small pieces almost dime size coming off. We drive in Houston and I've never had tires do what hers did.

Costco had the Michelin defenders on sale so went with them. Much better ride then the Continentals that's for sure.
SMM48
AG
Are the contis the only choice?

Tires are priced/tiered pretty close to each other.

What are the other choices?
metrag06
AG
Have Continentals on our XC60 (CrossContact LX20) - 15k miles and no issues thus far. Quiet and smooth ride.

I had two sets on my Mazda3 that both went 55k miles. Shop said they work better with lighter vehicles, and that the ones you see on say a Mercedes sedan tended to wear out much faster than on my vehicle. I'm not sure if that holds up on SUVs as well - all I can say is I've been pleased with them thus far.

The Pirelli Scorpions the XC came with were not great, FWIW.
P.U.T.U
AG
They are good for the money, just make sure you rotate them or they get noisy due to how the outsides wear. Michelin are my go to, Goodyear's are pretty decent as well.
zooguy96
1. Go to tirerack.com.
2. Find the size tire you want.
3. Look at reviews and pick the type that seem the best for your uses.
4. Profit.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I've never been disappointed in a set of continentals and they support motor racing in a large way so win win for me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.