Outdoors
Sponsored by

Whataburger is thinking about selling OUT! $6B

13,727 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rab79
bmc13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
majority stake to chicago based company.

whataburger is doomed.
BrazosDog02
AG
Edited for clarity.

Whataburger is great because it tastes like home not because it's an awesome burger. It tastes good. It's familiar. It tastes like what Texas fast food is supposed to taste like supposedly. But...It's a fast food burger. It was fast food yesterday, it will be fast food after the deal is closed. We will all eat it and convince ourselves it is not as good as it was even though there is no actual proof anything was changed because that's what we do.

I'm Just trying to maintain some perspective before I get upset over it.
AquaAg1984
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I love Whataburger but sometimes I feel like it's that ONE meal your mom made that wasn't really great but it tasted ok and it made you warm and fuzzy. I do eat hamburgers from Whataburger probably twice a week and I hope it stays the same but if it changes a little I don't think it will be better or worse.
I don't have dementia yet (I'm told) but your post confuses the hell out of me.

That aside bmc13 is correct.
BrazosDog02
AG
AquaAg1984 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

I love Whataburger but sometimes I feel like it's that ONE meal your mom made that wasn't really great but it tasted ok and it made you warm and fuzzy. I do eat hamburgers from Whataburger probably twice a week and I hope it stays the same but if it changes a little I don't think it will be better or worse.

You're right.

my post made no sense because I was trying to soften the blow.
AquaAg1984
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

AquaAg1984 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

You're right.

Gotcha. The blow can't be softened however.
JSKolache
AG
Not changing, just growing.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/bdt-capital-partners/
HombreDoce
AG
Tosted buns and grilled onions are the secret. I don't know how someone could order a Whataburger without tosting the buns.
AquaAg1984
AG
JSKolache said:

Not changing, just growing.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/bdt-capital-partners/
Disagree here with respect to change. And it wont be for the better.
MasterAggie
AG
Quote:

Hate to break it to you but their burgers taste just like Sonic burgers already
Not even close. Sonic burgers are flat out nasty.
HTownAg98
A patty melt, fries, and a lemonade to go (so you can pour a couple shots of bourbon in it) is my "it's been a really ****ty day and I don't feel like cooking" meal.

If the new ownership can change the coffee to something other than the dreck they serve as coffee now, I'll approve of this change.
BrazosDog02
AG
AquaAg1984 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

AquaAg1984 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

You're right.

Gotcha. The blow can't be softened however.

Indeed. Whataburger has been my comfort food for a while. I travel back and forth from Houston to SA and I intentionally time my trips such that I am in Schulenburg around 11:30-12. Lol.

I don't venture far on the menu. It's either a standard Whataburger or a double meat but both with a chocolate malt.

Sometimes they screw up my meal....more times than I'd like...so sometimes I end up with "weird" burgers or patty melts and if you tell them, you can keep the wrong one, and you'll end up with a free burger you can eat later...it's not great later but its not bad.
91AggieLawyer
AG
MasterAggie said:

Quote:

Hate to break it to you but their burgers taste just like Sonic burgers already
Not even close. Sonic burgers are flat out nasty.

Like any other franchise, it depends on the location. McDonalds is one of the few businesses in history that has standardized their products across so many diverse franchises. I try not to eat a lot of fast food but once or twice a month I'll venture out somewhere. About the only difference at McDonalds locations is the quality of service. At everywhere else, there's food quality, service quality, cleanliness, etc. issues.
Laser Wolf
Whataburger IS on par with the likes of sonic. I can't remember the last time I actually desired to eat at either restaurant.
92AG10
AG
Some of y'all need an extended trip overseas. One that's long and crappy enough that you start to really missing home.

You'll really grow to appreciate whataburger and Shiner, heck even warm water is still a treat.

A care package with whataburger ketchup or Rudy's sause was like Christmas morning as a kid and you shared with the entire team.

First world problems....
expresswrittenconsent
92AG10 said:

Some of y'all need an extended trip overseas. One that's long and crappy enough that you start to really missing home.

You'll really grow to appreciate whataburger and Shiner, heck even warm water is still a treat.

A care package with whataburger ketchup or Rudy's sause was like Christmas morning as a kid and you shared with the entire team.

First world problems....

There's the sales pitch for the new ad campaign, folks - sure our burgers suck, but if you've been in prison for a long time, or stuck overseas in a place without hot water, we taste pretty good!
92AG10
AG
You a progressive Clark?

"Welcome to 21st century America, where nothing is good...."
LawHall88
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
LawHall88 said:

Rather eat at Taco Bell than Bill Miller's
Glish21
AG
Relevant

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2019/6/18/18684009/shocking-a-m-qb-kellen-mond-shows-up-to-summer-drills-100-pounds-heavier
FIDO*98*
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Rather eat at Taco Bell than Bill Miller's

The irony of this post is that Bill Miller's breakfast tacos are pretty damn solid.
Windy City Ag
AG
BDT is a good buyer. Byron Trott was a Warren Buffett guy earlier in his career and invests in family held concerns that want to preserve their legacy. His first deal was with the Weber Grill company and that has done well. Whataburger will keep on dealing BOBs to 3 am drunkards for as long as we live.
76Ag
AG
For whatever reason Whataburgers don't taste like they used to. It may be the buns or something else but they just aren't the same. Still the best fast food burger unless you consider Beck's Prime fast food.
rab79
AG
It's the location, last WB I had was in Fredericksburg. It must have had a little something extra on it because I didn't retain it for too long, brother had the same symptoms. I won't stop there anymore.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.