Outdoors
Sponsored by

Well, just pulled the trigger....

5,266 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by NW80
NW80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
buying the F 150 diesel.
MouthBQ98
AG
Good luck.
NW80
AG
Thanks!
Did a lil bit of research.
Apparently, Ram isn't building 2019 Eco Diesel now!
Not until the summer....
So, "when Mama calls", I'm going back to Ford!

And btw, screw you chevy boys!
Jethro95
AG
Welcome to the club!
Na Zdraví 87
AG
FORD!
Max06
AG
I want an update in 3-6 months. I'm in the truck market and this is definitely relevant to my interests.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Congratulations on the new truck!

Let me know if you need someone to test out the passenger seat while you tow the boat to the lake
NW80
AG
Gonna pick it up Saturday!
Too many "bells and whistles" for me!
But it's a 2018 Lariat.
Guy at a dealership showed me one with a "sun roof" in it. I told him the only redeeming factor would be to be able to stand up in that seat and shoot out of the roof!
BCStalk
Congratulations. I really do wish it was in my budget. I'm already 7000 miles in 2 and a half months on my 5.0 at 16-17mpg. I do a lot of highway driving and might look at them harder in a few years.
poolct00
AG
Interested in hearing how you like this as well. Have always been in a 1 tom diesel and am really curious how this fares.

Congrats on the new ride.

Poking around online looking at these. Looks like bucket seat model has center console shift and bench has column shift. Wish they all had steering column shift
OneMoonGoon92
AG
Best friend is a Ford mechanic for 40 years...if you have any questions...hit me up...
C Loves L
Sorry to hear that
EFE
AG
I got real excited for a minute and thought you were breaking ground on the Fort
aggielostinETX
AG
Sell that AR10 CM yet?
EskimoJoe
NW80 said:

Guy at a dealership showed me one with a "sun roof" in it. I told him the only redeeming factor would be to be able to stand up in that seat and shoot out of the roof!

That is totally possible in a 1983 Mercedes 240D.

Or so i am told, not that i or any of my buddies would have ever tried it on multiple occasions in our younger days.......
NW80
AG
EFE said:

I got real excited for a minute and thought you were breaking ground on the Fort

Soon!!!!!!!
NW80
AG
Don't think so....
fido00
AG
Im in to follow how this goes. I am really intrigued by the 1/2 ton diesels.
NW80
AG
Just picked up the truck this morning in Burleson and am back home. The first "highway" trip yielded an average fuel efficiency of 22 mpg at an average of 64 mph.
The ride is great!
But, I 35 continues with major suckage! There was a 5 mile stop and start problem in West and again crossing the Brazos by the "Bidet on the Brazos."

This thing has got more "bells and whistles" than I ever thought could exist on a truck! If you stop for more than 10 seconds with your foot on the brake the engine shuts off ( restarts immediately on releasing the brake).

All in all its not broken in yet. Its starting off with a little better fuel economy than the Ram, so hopefully it will improve like the Ram did. Car and Driver magazine says it has better fuel economy than the Ram.... we'll see.
JosephMarcus
were you on the highway averaging 64 mph? if so, wow, you'd get run over down here driving anywhere near that slow.
NW80
AG
JosephMarcus said:

were you on the highway averaging 64 mph? if so, wow, you'd get run over down here driving anywhere near that slow.

I was stop and go for 6 miles!
Aggie_3
JosephMarcus said:

I average 65 mph on my drive to my office every day from Seguin to north side of San Antonio and never have a problem just stay in the right lane and enjoy the drive
NW80
AG
Aggie_3 said:

JosephMarcus said:

I average 65 mph on my drive to my office every day from Seguin to north side of San Antonio and never have a problem just stay in the right lane and enjoy the drive

I'm sure you do!
But it took me 30 minutes to go 5 miles.
TexAgBolter
AG
Welcome to the baby stroke club!
JosephMarcus
NW80 said:

JosephMarcus said:

I was stop and go for 6 miles!
makes sense!
NW80
AG
Just drove 172 miles to Houston.
25.1 mpg !
AustinCountyAg
is the truck 4x4?
NW80
AG
Yes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.