Outdoors
Sponsored by

All Seasons Stand & Fill Feeders

5,912 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AnScAggie
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of you guys have experience with them? Thinking of moving to stand and fill corn feeders, and these seem pretty durable. The 600# capacity is also appealing. Thiughts?
clintaggie04
AG
I have two of them and I love them. The only reason I would ever buy anything else going forward is if I need to put a feeder in an area that ever floods. The timer and battery are pretty low to the ground.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Would be interested to hear how they hold up with cattle in the pasture.
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
I narrowed my choices down to All Seasons and Lamco. I decided on the Lamco stand and fill. It can SLING some corn. We have a couple All Seasons stand and fills on our lease; but, the Lamco throws a much better pattern. Plus, i like the varmit-proofing on the Lamco better.
My main goal in life is to find a beer as cold as a woman's heart
redass1876
AG
I'm looking into their timed protein feeders that drop into a trough. Keep the deer from munching on rocks

If i bought those i would use them to replace my nice HB feeders and split protein and corn in them
fishJones
AG
I have one (600#). I will be buying more.
green7
Bought one at the beginning of last season. Has done well and is in an open field that has cattle rotate through. They seem to leave it alone. We do have it staked down so it cant be pushed. Previously our legged feeders would get beat up from cows trying to knock corn out of them. They have not tried that with this one yet.
hillcountryag86
AG
I've been a dealer for ASF for a few years. Although farm and ranch is not our main operation, we've sold quite a few of their feeders, including S&F. I have not had any returns or complaints.

Personally, I have the 300# and have not used the S&F. I have sold four to a good friend of mine and he seems happy.

Where are you located? I am in the Hill Country, an hour northwest of SA. If you are interested, I'll do all I can on pricing.
SA_Ag93
AG
we have a couple 600# All Season Stand & Fill feeders...and cattle in the pasture from March - August and they seem to hold up well.
HumbleAg04
AG
How about with aoudad in the area? They hold up against them?
shAGgin wAGgin
AG
Had ASF at a previous lease and never had any complaints, at least not from me. Currently use Outback Feeders though now, you might look into them. Great products and I have dealt with the owners for years and they are great to work with.
dave99ag
AG
I've had the ASF S&F 600# for a few years now at our place near Alpine. The cost difference from the 300# to 600# was minimal, so it was a no-brainer to get the larger capacity. So far it's held up to the elk that have wandered through. No cattle on the property though.

I'm really interested in the S&F protein feeder ASF has since I don't get out there often and don't want the elk and mule deer to clean it out if it were free choice. That timer might be a good option. It does still look low enough for hogs to try to get in there though.

Mr. McGibblets
AG
We have 9 of them. They are awesome.
highvelocity
AG
how do they hold up against pigs? debating getting a couple, but with all the pig activity i have im warry of the stand and fill taking a beating when the big pigs come through
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
TAMU77CLAY
AG
LAMCO
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Extremely well. They have fixed the issue with the corn dropping underneath by placing an angled metal to keep it to the sides.
highvelocity
AG
thank ya sir
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
eastcut96
AG
Another vote for the Lamco. Can't go wrong.
Gunny456
AG
Over the last 25 years we have, at one time or another. used just about every feeder made. We have 15-20 running 24/7/365 We invested a lot of money in AS Feeders a few years ago. Used heavily and for constant feeding they did not hold up at all. They all eventually leaked and just rusted or fell apart. They are fine as an occasional use deer lease feeder but for 24/7/365 use they just are not built well enough for constant long term use...IMHO....and we wasted a ton of money on them.
We settled on a few Lamco's but purchased basically all Texas Wildlife Supply feeders made in Brady, Texas.
They are built hell for stout.....all welded and never have leaks and never had large animals tear them up.
Granted they are not as cheap in price as AS but..................
ttha_aggie_09
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

How about with aoudad in the area? They hold up against them?

Yep, but it's better if you put 143grains of lead in their shoulder like this guy

redass1876
AG
I'm over in Brownwood and while my ASF stand and fill is only 4 years old, it has help up well. That said, i have no hogs or exotics so just talking against the elements, coons and deer
AnScAggie
AG
I have 14 ASF S&F corn feeders and 4 ASF S&F timed protein feeders, both basically the same design. I have had none of the problems list by some above, and almost all of mine are not in feeder pens. The 4 protein feeders are in pens to keep the cattle away but have 2' x 2.5' openings on two sides to allow blackbuck to get to them. Eight of the corn feeders run year round and the only issue I have had thus far with any of the feeders is one "The Timer" screen blacked out and another timer stopped working all together, both were replaced no questions asked under warranty. One corn feeder does have a pretty messed up battery/spinner access door because it was left open and am guessing a cow got after it. The ranch has cattle, hogs, javelina, exotics, and deer on it and I have no complaints thus far with their quality.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.