Outdoors
Sponsored by

Cabo Marlin Fishing

1 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AG512
Alta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are going to Cabo in October and I want to do a day of fishing. Does anybody have any recent recommendations on charters? From some old threads I found it looks like both Red Rum and Pisces were recommended a couple years back.

Thanks
AggielandPoultry
AG
We went with Pisces this past summer. Had a pretty good time, caught tuna on both days. Our friends boat landed 2 smaller sized marlin.
Michael Shumard
Renegade mike has a great reputation - worked their but off too
Ted Logan
AG
I've been out with redrum 3 times. They have one of the largest fleets to fit whatever price range you want.
It's fishing so you never know what you're going to get. There were days we only caught one, and there was a day we caught seven marlin. But you know the crew will work their butts off. We will go back again at the end of August and fish with them again.

They're also a sponsor for CCA at some of the banquets. I think they're owned by Texans.

Sublette County
AG
My wife and I really enjoyed our trip with Fish On last October. Good captain and mate, and good gear (Avet reels). My wife caught her first striped marlin late in the trip...which was good because she was devastated after losing a ~300 pound blue earlier in the trip when she accidentally knocked the lever drag into freespool while fighting the fish. Instant birdsnest and break off!

https://www.fishoncabo.com

gonemaroon
AG
Redrum has always done me well
ATXAdvisor
AG
If you're going in October, you might as well fish Bisbee's Black & Blue Tourney...

http://visitloscabos.travel/event/bisbee's-black-and-blue-tournament-2019
Boomhauer89
AG
I will second Fish on Charters as well, we went with Captain YoYo back in December and got my Dad his first Marlin!
louisIII_99
AG
I have fished with Pochos charters twice with great results - 2 stripers and 1 300 lb blue first trip, 5 yellowfin and 1 stripe the second trip (without leaving sight of harbor). Fished on the "Reel Busy".
DVM97
AG
Ted Logan said:

I've been out with redrum 3 times. They have one of the largest fleets to fit whatever price range you want.
It's fishing so you never know what you're going to get. There were days we only caught one, and there was a day we caught seven marlin. But you know the crew will work their butts off. We will go back again at the end of August and fish with them again.

They're also a sponsor for CCA at some of the banquets. I think they're owned by Texans.

They are TCU alumni, and they run a legit company!

DVM
RedgeTX
AG
I had a BAD experience with Renegade Mike. Maybe he was off his meds that day, but I would not recommend fishing with that guy.
Oruc Reis
AG
I was about to post about Cabo guides as well, but I'm looking to go with fly and/or spin gear for roosterfish, trevalle, snapper, etc. Any recommendations for that? Going in July.
AG512
AG
Pisces.

Have used them several times. We haven't had a bad trip yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.