Outdoors
Sponsored by

Several guns for sale (D/FW area)

7,292 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Gunter12
Gunter12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am looking to sell several of my father-in-law's guns on behalf of my mother-in-law. He passed away a few years ago and she would like to get them out of the house. She gave me first dibs, but several remain...does anyone have recommendations for or personal experience with a reputable broker or shop in the Dallas area who will offer fair value?
Wodanaz
AG
Improper use of the OB. OP. Fifteen yards. Repeat 1st down.
agsalaska
AG
How about posting them on this thread?
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Ol Whats his Face
AG
I was massively disappointed when I opened this thread
LRHF
AG
Thanks for offering a picked over list of guns without a list or picture! You better post tits to smooth this over, FAST!
HarleySpoon
AG
Was very excited when finally one of these types of threads mentions DFW. Now this tune keeps running through my head:

Quote:

I was willing but she wasn't ready
So I settled for a burger and a grape snow cone
Dropped her off early but I didn't go home
Oldman04
AG
Why would you create a thread saying guns for sale then never say what is for sale? This isn't 'Nam, there are rules! You better apologize to the OB. Not cool man.
45-70Ag
AG
This was a disappointment
BreNayPop
AG
try purple heart pawn.

although many posters here would give u fair value and often more than any store would
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
disappointing thread is disappointing
gibberish
AG
Deserves texags timeout for this post.

Go shoot a hi-point as penance.
Gunny456
AG
Gun stores are in the business to make money so they will typically offer you about 40-60% of what Blue Book values are. Collectors and individuals will give you more $$$ as far as fair market value. I do not know of any firearm brokers other than firearm auction houses/business's.
You need to do what most of us on here do. Do your own research and determine the value of the firearm and then decide what you are willing to take for said firearm and sell it. You will get a lot more for the firearm and will be able to give your mother in law more money that way.
Pretty simple really. Either you want to sell them your self for fair market value and get the most dollars for them or just get rid of them by selling them to a dealer and letting them make the money on them.
If you want a dealer recommendation I would say page EyeGuy on here......he is the best in my opinion, he knows what he is doing and he will definitely treat you fairly and honestly.
FSGuide
You need any PI work done? I barter.
tamc93
AG
Out....was hoping to see a possible wish list.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
highvelocity
AG
came here to shop. WHERE ARE THE GUNS?!?!
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Gunny456 said:

Gun stores are in the business to make money so they will typically offer you about 40-60% of what Blue Book values are. Collectors and individuals will give you more $$$ as far as fair market value. I do not know of any firearm brokers other than firearm auction houses/business's.
You need to do what most of us on here do. Do your own research and determine the value of the firearm and then decide what you are willing to take for said firearm and sell it. You will get a lot more for the firearm and will be able to give your mother in law more money that way.
Pretty simple really. Either you want to sell them your self for fair market value and get the most dollars for them or just get rid of them by selling them to a dealer and letting them make the money on them.
If you want a dealer recommendation I would say page EyeGuy on here......he is the best in my opinion, he knows what he is doing and he will definitely treat you fairly and honestly.

Thanks for the shout out. I read the op and was going to say just about everything you did. I actually avoid buying guns from Texags posters in the store setting because of what I have to buy for. In fact, I pretty much always tell them to put them up here.
The best value you will get is by putting them up here. If you do want some help on pricing, let me know. If you post at a price I tell you is fair, I always chime in with some support when I've seen the guns. Whenever someone posts a gun up and I chime in, we have talked about condition and value on them.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
maddiedou
AG
Text me at 979-eight two o-l87o. Gary. If you would like to sell them
Gunter12
Sorry guys...OP here. They're older guns, didn't know if there would be any interest here. I'll go over to my MIL's this afternoon and make a list of what's available and post it. If there's local private buyer interest here, that would be great!
SteveBott
AG
Post description of each and a pic of each one. Go to gunbroker.com if you want a price range
maddiedou
AG
Just text me. Nobody else has the money to buy them
RCR06
AG
Older guns may even be more valued around here depending on condition. You might also want to cross post on classifieds board as well.
JonSnow
I will take them all.
Daddy-O5
AG
Gunter12 said:

They're older guns, didn't know if there would be any interest here.

Oh. You must be new here.
45-70Ag
AG
Is it too early to start the bidding
Gunter12
Okay...have a pic of the guns. Pretty sure I can't post it though. Any assistance?
SteveBott
AG
Send to me by email. In my profile
Log
AG
I'm in Plano and am potentially interested, depending on what you show us.
Gunter12
SteveBott is helping me out with a pic...there are 2 guns in the picture NOT for sale. The black/chrome .22 on the far right and the .30-30 just right of center. Everything else is fair game. If you have questions, shoot me an email at jasongunter13@gmail.com
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Gunter12 said:

SteveBott is helping me out with a pic...there are 2 guns in the picture NOT for sale. The black/chrome .22 on the far right and the .30-30 just right of center. Everything else is fair game. If you have questions, shoot me an email at jasongunter13@gmail.com

Do you know what you want for these yet?
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Gunter12
@EyeGuy...in the process of researching each online to determine fair ballpark values.
SteveBott
AG

wreckt01
Nice collection. I'm in DFW and might be interested depending on how they are chambered.
water turkey
Cool
Log
AG
Details on the converted flintlock, the A5, BAR (caliber), and the two SxS's. And the Marlin, in case you change your mind.

BTW, the Nylon 66 in black and chrome are somewhat rare.
45-70Ag
AG
What's the side by side on far left and semi auto third from left
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.