Outdoors
Sponsored by

22 bulk ammo

1,737 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TxAg20
SharkinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If y'all were going to buy a few thousand rounds of bulk 22lr ammo, what would it be? I've heard awful things about the Remington gold bullet but good things about their thunderbolt. I've seen federal match, federal premium, and Winchester as well. I've got lots of good cci ammo that I use for hunting from subsonics to stingers. So I just wanted y'all s suggestions on cheap bulk ammo for smith and Wesson m&p 22 ar and ruger 10/22s.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
In. Never had more fun that shooting a .22
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Federal Auto Match is not too expensive and has turned some of my pistols into tack drivers
BenderRodriguez
AG
Treat it like any rifle: buy smaller boxes, find out what your gun likes, then buy in bulk.

Most people really trash Remington Golden bullet as you said, but it runs really well in my Ruger Mk3, so I pick it up when it's on sale because no one else's guns seem to like it.
maverick2076
Federal Automatch. Good, consistent ammo.
SWCBonfire
AG
The federal bulk 36 gr runs great in a Remington 597. Pointy bullet feeds easier than the 40 gr golden bullet. Perhaps the 36g golden bullet may perform better, but I have no reason to not use the federal bulk.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
22s have a lot more variance in what each gun likes than other guns. Definitely try a bunch out and see what your gun likes. My 541t shoots most things well but does the best with federal gold medal 711b. So, I have... An embarrassing amount of that stuff
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
JP76
I've personally had problems with Remington golden 22 lr. Would not even run in a pretty new browning buck mark pistol. Also kept jamming a Remington nylon 66 and a ruger 10/22. When loading the ammo was so dirty it was actually discoloring my fingers. Thunderbolts are ok but run dirty to me as will any lead tip versus copper. My preference is cci.
Mr. Dubi
For the 15-22 Fed AutoMatch. Period. EOT
RK
AG
Quote:

Remington nylon 66
Gunny456
AG
Natchez is running a sale on Federal Automatch right now. 3250 rounds for 189.99 and free freight.
CS78
Walmart dropped their normal price on bricks of thunderbolts down to $15 and change. Been a long time since it was that cheap. Buy it cheap, stack it deep.
EFE
AG
CCI standard velo is one of the more consistent bulk ammos ive found. And at ~$3.50 a box it's a steal.
SharkinAg
AG
That's what I have always bought. But some of the bulk ammo prices are so cheap I figured I could load up on some of it for some plinking.
CactusThomas
AG
Aguila super extra 40 gr standard velocity or SK magazine are my preferred options for cheap 22.
TxAg20
AG
Gunny456 said:

Natchez is running a sale on Federal Automatch right now. 3250 rounds for 189.99 and free freight.

I just ordered this for $154.90. It's $14.99 per box of 325 and flat $5 shipping through today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.