Outdoors
Sponsored by

East Matagorda Bay

2,867 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Na Zdraví 87
ADS12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
South shore line seems slow. Should I hop over to west bay or stick it out tomorrow?
Aggieangler93
AG
I wish I had these problems, and even more, I wish I had an answer for you. Stuck at this desk, I am no help!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
ADS12
I have weird days off. I'd rather fish anytime other than the weekend
patters10
AG
I too have weird days off but it sure is nice having the bay to yourself! My last two trips to EM have been kind of slow besides landing on them in the last hour and catching 10-12 drifting the west end of the bay, and catching only 3 fish the wading the trip before with one being a 7.5lber.

Listening to Steve Hillman on 610 last Friday he said the bay is in a full transition right now and I agree completely. The bay is gonna be a yo-yo until we get more stable weather. Let us know how you do because I plan on hitting the bay on Friday and can't decide where to go. Tight lines

ADS12
Yea I have heard the same and yes with only a few boats out it is very nice. I'll let y'all know
AZAG08
AG
I wish I had weird days off. One of the first jobs I interviewed for out of school was a 4 on 4 off scenario, and I remember thinking "working on weekends with a random Tuesday off, no way!"

Now I think how much I would like that for cases like this
Salt of the water
AG
March / April are always so hit and miss. Going to give it a shot anyway on Saturday.
CS78
Hate to hear this. We are going to be down there Sat-Mon. How are the water levels?
putu
AG
Was down in Sargent this past weekend at my uncles house. fished off and on for 3 days and barely caught anything other than a buzz. Even off his pier on Caney, we caught 2 fish off live shrimp. Fished East Bay one day and caught 2 fish, in two boats! Weather wasnt great, so we didnt stay out that long and I had my young kids with me.

"Cal (9-3) vs. Texas A&M (9-3). On the list of rare sights in Southern California, a team running the option -- as the Aggies like to do with QB Stephen McGee -- ranks right up there with real breasts and 12 inches of snow." Stewart Mandel CNNSI
ADS12
Bite was slow, only one rat red. Water was clear around hog island and Boilers ( thigh deep could see my boots). Talked to a guy at the ramp and he caught two trout on live shrimp.

All 4 of my spots had bait running just nothing biting DSL or Chicken boy lures.
CS78
Thanks for the report. How was the water level? Lots of backwater?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I've heard there are fish in the diversion canal.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Charlie Murphy
Fished the cut over the weekend. No luck on live bait.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Hitting up east Galveston bay or jetties or offshore Saturday and Sunday. Any suggestions?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Bring crab and go drum fishing at the gas wells or the jetties.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
mAgnoliAg
AG
Generally we catch crab to use for drum. We have a spot outside our neighborhood on Bolivar where we can drop a line down and every time 5 seconds in got a blue crab. Good to know drum are still in on blue crab. I just hope we get some reds because it seems like every black drum we catch on the jetties is 40 or 45 pounds
mAgnoliAg
AG
Wasn't able to fish too much. We got 3 nice specks and some undersized. Nothing else. I guess the water temperature is still too cold?
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Crap. Heading to POC next weekend. Oh well, the beer will be cold.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.