Outdoors
Sponsored by

New Missouri Law to Invalidate Federal Gun Laws

3,027 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by InfantryAg
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/

Discuss.....

Another State that is more Pro 2A than Texas it seems. Seems Texas is often just a lot of talk, but little concrete Pro 2A action.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Weed? Feds are happy to ignore states who defy federal law, apparently.

Guns? Yeah, something tells me they're going to treat us a bit differently.
ironmanag
AG
As it should be.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
fourth deck
AG
Just so beautiful, every word.
dtkprowler
AG
Didn't have time to fully read the article, but it sounded as if you would NOT need to get a "stamp" or approval to buy suppressors or to make an SBR (unless Missouri has a law against that). Is that a correct interpretation based on the article?

"(a) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;"
TOM-M
Player To Be Named Later said:

Seems Texas is often just a lot of talk, but little concrete Pro 2A action.
There's no "seems" to it, IMO. It's glaringly obvious. HB357 being stuck in the Homeland Security committee right now as a prime example.

Meanwhile, Abbott, Patrick, Bonnen, et al sit on their thumbs and the legislative days tick away....

Ridiculous.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
But I bet we lead the nation in Come And Take It flags
UTExan
Good idea. The idea of putting a FAB stock on a Glock 17 which then makes it an SBR (and a federal tax stamp to make it legal) is ridiculous. And even more so when a 10.5 barreled AR with a pistol brace is considered a "pistol".
hunter2012
AG
It could be worth it to move there just so I could own an AA-12

Aggieangler93
AG
I love the attempt to tell the feds to go to hell. No one wants their damn legislation down here anyway!

I hope it passes, and I hope it stands up in court.

Can y'all imagine how few criminals would want to live in a state like the one they envision, and how many would move to places like the PRC, where they want to take all your guns? It would be great to live in a place where scum didn't stand a chance to profit.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Cibalo
I like it but I wonder what would happen to their Federal funding
clinte234
AG
Interesting...it says Missouri law enforcement is against the Bill. The current Missouri governor is a former police officer...I wonder if it will get past his desk???
magnumtmp
AG
Cibalo said:

I like it but I wonder what would happen to their Federal funding

Pass a law limiting what the feds can withhold in taxes if they limit funding. Dollar for dollar.

States were meant to have this type of power, it was by design to keep the Feds in check. Good for them for having the stones. I hope all conservative states follow suit so Missouri isn't out there alone. The more states that pile on, the less the feds can do about it.
ursusguy
AG
I am curious if this would impact P-R tax money. May not, but if it did would screw there fish and game department if it did.
EMY92
AG
Remember, just because Missouri says it isn't illegal does not mean that the feds can't arrest you for it.
Artorias
AG
EMY92 said:

Remember, just because Missouri says it isn't illegal does not mean that the feds can't arrest you for it.
You really think Feds are going to storm into people's houses to take their guns?

Plus, the article I read said the bill gives Missouri the discretion to fine and imprison any Federal Agents caught in Missouri trying to enforce federal gun laws.

We need to let Gov. Abbott know that Missouri is outdoing Texas in gun rights.
TOM-M
mugwurt said:

We need to let Gov. Abbott know that Missouri is outdoing Texas in gun rights.
He knows.

The problem is, he doesn't give a rip.
BCO07
AG
Just like the heart beat bill sitting in committee going nowhere. Texas legislatures talk a big game and do nothing
Player To Be Named Later
AG
mugwurt said:

We need to let Gov. Abbott know that lots of States are outdoing Texas in gun rights.

FIFY
BenderRodriguez
AG
mugwurt said:

You really think Feds are going to storm into people's houses

Yeah, that's crazy talk.

Old Sarge
AG
After liberals made an abortion out of Mizzou's campus/university, it's high time counter measures were taken to help that state.
InfantryAg
AG
clinte234 said:

Interesting...it says Missouri law enforcement is against the Bill. The current Missouri governor is a former police officer...I wonder if it will get past his desk???
Whenever it says LE is against something like this, it means LE management and the people who are in charge, not real officers. Organizations like Police Chiefs Association etc are largely left leaning politicians.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.