Outdoors
Sponsored by

Help With Moultrie Game Cam

1,031 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ttha_aggie_09
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to take a flyer here, b/c y'all are smarter than the Moultrie customer service folks. I got a new game cam a few weeks ago, set up was a breeze and everything appeared to be functioning correctly. I went and pulled the SD card after two weeks and no pictures were taken. I brought it home and have played with it for a few days and can't figure out how to get it to take a single pic. I've tried swapping out the SD card, but that does nothing. When I turn it on, I get a 10 second countdown and then the display goes blank. After this, nothing happens. There is a settings file on the SD card, but no pics.

Moultrie said to just return it, but I hoping I'm either missing some simple step or others have a fix.

TIA
ought1ag
AG
I have had a few MTs and never had that issue........might have just got a lemon.

only thing I could think of is to check to make sure your SD card is not locked.
OE_Ag11
AG
Some of them have that problem. Had one you had to hope you just get right cause it wouldn't read. The display would show card after a little showing that the camera wasnt sensing a card. Never really found a fix for it
TRIPLE 7
AG
Had same problems with Moultrie camera! Tech girl recommended "changing batteries, then changing SD card"?

Seemed dumber that me!

Won't buy Moultrie again!
aggiepublius
AG
No experience with Moultrie but I would start by trying with a different SD card. I know lots of photographers deal with this sort of problem with cameras and SD cards. SD cards are not only subtly different in an ever-expanding array of types and classes. SD card are also one of the most counterfeited products out there.

Do they have a a recommended SD card list or a known compatible list?
mt3950
AG
Nm
drred4
I am guessing you to not have the button to lock on the SD card or read only. Have you tried formatting the card with game cam if it has that option. I have had have some cameras not like cards that have been other cameras and formatting them with the game cam itself worked.
freddymac85
AG
Had the same issue with a new Moultrie last year. Thought I would try formatting the new SD card with the camera. With the SD card installed scroll through the camera menu to the part where you delete the photos and select "yes". Worked for me.
CowtownAg06
AG
I've tried reformatting on both my computer and the camera itself. I guess I'll return it and try another.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
My lone moultrie has been surprisingly good!

I'll echo what others have said...

Could be bad camera?
Could be SD card issue (some have size range, i.e <32GB)?
Possibly a bad toggle switch/function on the commands?

Good luck! The support people are really just their to filter out the basic issues, for almost all manufactures I have dealt with...

"Have you replaced batteries/SD Card?"
"How many pictures does it show it has taken?" - to see if it is out of warranty
"How about you send it in and well upgrade your current mode or fix it?"

Reminds me I have two cameras I need to call in and replace... oh joy!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.