Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best/good place to eat in Uvalde

1,968 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 76Ag
nonameag99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staying in Uvalde tonight and would apprecite dinner recs
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Take FM 117 south to Batesville, turn east (left) on US 57 and Desi's (formerly Yomi's) will be on your right before you get to the Exxon. Pretty dang good Tex-Mex.

I'd say check out Vasquez, but since the owner Enrique has passed it may not even be open anymore.
bedofbrass33
AG
Evett's Is still the best BBQ I've ever had. Call me biased but their sauce can't be beat and their brisket is always just right.

My parents told me the other day the pizza place Broadway 830 on Main St is good.

I'm a fan of El Herradero de Jalisco on 83 headed north out of town.

The restaurant inside Oasis Outback is pretty good.

Jacks Steakhouse and Townhouse used to be good but haven't been to either in several years.
Boo Weekley
Whataburger

Some good people down there but definitely not known for it's food. There is a hole in the wall Mexican joint we checked out last time we hunted down there and it was actually a step up from other places I had been to. Trying to get name from buddy of mine...
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

Evett's Is still the best BBQ I've ever had. Call me biased but their sauce can't be beat and their brisket is always just right.

My parents told me the other day the pizza place Broadway 830 on Main St is good.

The restaurant inside Oasis Outback is pretty good.

Jacks Steakhouse and Townhouse used to be good but haven't been to either in several years.
I've eaten at both Jack's and Townhouse fairly recently. Jack's was ok and serves alcohol. The Townhouse is not what it once was unfortunately.
Aggieangler93
AG
We ate at a little diner one time that was on the West end of town. I am trying to recall the name. It looked (from the outside) like an old drive in hamburger place. When we went inside, the breakfast, and Mexican food offerings were really good.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Quote:

If you don't do dinner here, hell even if you do, go there for breakfast!!!
bedofbrass33
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Quote:

If you don't do dinner here, hell even if you do, go there for breakfast!!!

Good call. Breakfast is where they really shine.
nonameag99
Was going to try evett bbq but they close at 6pm

I am enjoying some asada taquitos at el herradera

Thanks for the recommendation
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
cledus6150
AG
That is Ofelia's and kimi's Special is one of the best things in the menu, but they close early. For dinner El Herradero De Jalisco, 224 W Main St has always been a solid choice.
GottaRide
S
Mr. C's
B-1 83
AG
cledus6150 said:

That is Ofelia's and kimi's Special is one of the best things in the menu, but they close early. For dinner El Herradero De Jalisco, 224 W Main St has always been a solid choice.
Mr C's was the name forever and a day. With the "Kimi's Special" still on the menu, I suspect the Cano family is still connected.
76Ag
AG
A long time ago when we were at GSP we went to a barbecue place just outside Uvalde and had cabrito. Really good but I don't remember the name and I'm sure it's long gone by now..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.