Outdoors
Sponsored by

Da fuq did I just get off the phone with....

5,092 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CE Lounge Lizzard
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
So, I get a phone call from California.... Somewhat effeminate person on the other ends wants to know "How tall is an AK47 with a 14" banana clip"... Seriously, I'm not feeling good. When I'm sick, I'm cranky. Poor *******.

"Well, first off, I'm going to go ahead and call you out here. You just said several things that make me think you have no idea what you're talking about. We don't measure them in inches, we measure them in capacity. We also don't call them clips, they are called magazines. On top of that, I have no idea how tall the gun is going to be as I've never cared."

Silence.

He starts speaking again... "Weellllll, I'm working for a very high profile gun collector and we're working on some storage...."

I gut him off. "Look, stop, I don't mind talking and educating someone who is calling for an anti-gun situation. If that's what it is, just tell me. It makes it a lot easier to actually discuss things."

"NoooooooooOOoooo, I work for a very high profile gun collector, I'm just new at this...."

Sure you are homie.

This went on for about five minutes. Never would admit what was really going on and every time he would say something it would be the most ass backwards way of describing it. Finally, I laid it out there:

"Well, I am more than happy to get you whatever information you need. My consulting fee is a very reasonable $150 an hour. If you can get me a credit card, we'll get rolling on this right now."

That ended the call very quickly.

Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Naveronski
AG
What was the phone number?
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Do you need some essential oils from California?
76Ag
AG
Should have given dimensions for that Asian funeral/cremation biodegradable urn....
76Ag
AG
In Kalifornia they think we are all ignorant hick rednecks here in flyover country, anyway. Can anyone collect firearms in that state, anyway without being raided by the ATF every month?
johnrth
Why would a "very high profile gun collector" have someone call a gun shop and ask a stupid question like that? Also, why would a "very high profile gun collector" want to know the length of an average ak?

I don't picture high profile gun collectors wanting an everyday ak. And I would imagine gun collectors would have a general idea of how long a gun is, since you know they collect guns and probably have a fair amount and have probably held an ak before.
C Loves L
Tell him to solve Murder Mountain first then you'll talk
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
johnrth said:

Why would a "very high profile gun collector" have someone call a gun shop and ask a stupid question like that? Also, why would a "very high profile gun collector" want to know the length of an average ak?

I don't picture high profile gun collectors wanting an everyday ak. And I would imagine gun collectors would have a general idea of how long a gun is, since you know they collect guns and probably have a fair amount and have probably held an ak before.
Exactly. Like look, looking to try to put a hit piece together on guns, fine. Go for it. Don't lie to me about what you're doing here. Annoying.

Or, I guess I could call their local PD and mention that someone was calling from there with very weird questions about guns. I still have the phone number and who it supposedly belongs to..... Oh temptation.
AstroAggie15
AG
hope you enjoyed my prank call
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
76Ag said:

Should have given dimensions for that Asian funeral/cremation biodegradable urn....
The Chica demoing was asian. The Urn was like Swedish or something along those lines. But yeah, I like the way you think there.
C Loves L
Admit it you wondered if it was me
LSB_2002
AG
Post number.......................and enjoy!
Aggieangler93
AG
Do y'all store your weapons with magazines in them? I usually store mine with the magazines located separately, but maybe that is due to me not having a gun safe.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
johnrth
Could it also be a cell phone number and that person now lives here? If that's the case could very well be someone trying to get an idea for nefarious reason so that's it's concealable.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Or, I guess I could call their local PD and mention that someone was calling from there with very weird questions about guns. I still have the phone number and who it supposedly belongs to..... Oh temptation.
Oh man that's solid.

However maybe there's an unwritten rule among gun pushers that when they get a call like that they tell the most cockamamie story ever to try and get the weenie to look ridiculous when his story gets published. "Oh your guy's got an AK-47 with a 14 inch banana clip, let me tell you, that is one formidable weapon, little known fact that exact model was used in the assassination of Lincoln, and according to consumer reports it's the preferred firearm of people who kick puppies. Since you mention that the banana clip is 14 inches I wonder if it's a converted model. The original chi-com versions all had 14 centimeter ones, puny flaccid little things, Merican ones have great bulbous 14 inchers. Regardless, that model is approximately a meter long, yep, metric system again, converted or not. Recently Car and Driver ranked it the number one assault rifle of anyone who hates boobies, because it's so easily concealed in a backpack, or baggy shorts..."
Love Gun
Should've just given him this spiel verbatim

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I almost surprised that the caller didn't ask how much extra it costs to get the shoulder thing that goes up.

In all seriousness, do coastal leftists think that this is an accurate depiction of all gun buyers and sellers:

aggiepublius
AG
As employee of SNPP, Homer should be exempt from waiting periods and background checks. Especially given how the government continues to allow him to wrangle neutrons despite his proclivity for disposing of U-235 in random storm drains.

SteveBott
AG
one thing Justin your job is always interesting.
texrover91
AG
First Rule of OB - post the phone number
AgLA06
AG
I too enjoy the finer things in life. Text me his number. I've got a case of Boon's Farm of a great vintage or even a rare Kenyan Changaa I could possibly trade this very high profile gun collector for an exquisite AK-47. But only if it has the best banana clips.
cbr
AG
Lol, high profile gun collector looking for an ak...
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
cbr said:

Lol, high profile gun collector looking for an ak...
I know right. I real high profile collector would have inquired about an AK-48 because it's higher than a 47. The same could be said for an AR-16.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.