Outdoors
Sponsored by

5,000 acres, $15/acre Webb Counry- For Lease

7,356 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Vivificus
DVM97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok folks, a good friend has approached me, and has asked me to help him find a reputable trustworthy group to lease a ranch. The landowner is looking for a long-term lease. The lease is year-round access, and has excellent improvements. There is a six bedroom bunkhouse with three bathrooms, that will easily sleep 20 people, there is also a kitchen dining house that is separate with two large stainless steel refrigerators, and a commercial grade stainless stove .

The ranch is just outside of Oilton, approximately 40 miles from Laredo. The ranch is mostly low lying brush, and would be excellent for anyone that likes to hunt out of a top Drive, there are a handful of blinds and feed pens. I've visited the ranch on Friday, and the only negative at all is that there is a wind farm around and through the pasture.

The landowner would like to get this property leased out quickly, I will be discussing the lease with interested parties first, and will then give the land owners contact information.

I am currently on the road, and cannot post pictures, but I have tons of pictures for anyone interested.
dvm1997atgmaildotcom
DeWrecking Crew
Out of my league, but just out of curiosity, how many guns are they allowing?
drummer0415
AG
The true mark of financial success in my opinion is being able to afford $5k-$7k+ every year on a deer lease. Maybe one day I'll get there.
DrEvazanPhD
Land prices being what they are now, 5-7k for a deer lease is not that much anymore.
TxA&Mhunter
AG
It honestly depends on what the land is use for outside deer (is Cattle on it and how much other traffic) -/0how much acces,or the much ability to groom the habitat the land owner allows.
For 75k a year id Expect No cows and the ability to cut trails and food plots Till my heart was continent...
drummer0415
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Land prices being what they are now, 5-7k for a deer lease is not that much anymore.

That may very well be true, but 5-7k is still a lot for me.
drummer0415
AG
Btw my complaints are not in any way directed at the OP or the landowners or a knock on their prices. I have no issues at all with them getting fair market price for their product.

My complaint is just that I wish market price wasn't so damn high. (Insert meme here). Or I wish that I made more money. Lol

Puryear Playboy
AG
The first question to ask is what happened and why are the previous lease hunters no longer there.
saltydog13
AG
I would assume the wind farm contributed to that
DVM97
AG
Ranch is MLD, 22 bucks and 22 does minimum harvest, ranch does have some cattle (not overgrazed at all), no oil field traffic or Wells, great roads (caliche base), 15 minutes from oilton. No more than 12 guns.
Wodanaz
AG
I'll help Manny out here. A group of ~10 doctors from Houston had it for ~20 years. Their health began declining & they were unable to utilize it as much. It's now available for a new long term type group.
drummer0415
AG
VoreMoar12 said:

A group of ~10 doctors from Houston had it for ~20 years. .

Yeah that's who can afford these types of novelties.
BCStalk
Really not that high for the size lease and amenities. I pay $20 an acre for a lesser lease. The cows I don't see a problem with unless they are spread over the entire property. Wish I could afford something like this but it's almost triple my yearly cost.
Post removed:
by user
AggieGunslinger
AG
Not really, most adults can if they prioritize the lease over other luxuries and niceties.

I am not going to eat ramen all year just to shoot a few deer, but more power to those that do or don't have to.
OnlyForNow
AG
At 10 it's 7,500 each at 12 it's only 6250.

I can't afford that, but that doesn't really seem bad for a deer turkey and quail lease.
KW02
AG
With 10-12 hunters it is really not that much. Depends on what you spend your money on. Some people buy Aggie Football tickets, Rodeo tickets, leases or other. Just depends on priorities.
Ragoo
AG
OnlyForNow said:

At 10 it's 7,500 each at 12 it's only 6250.

I can't afford that, but that doesn't really seem bad for a deer turkey and quail lease.
a year round lease with those ammenities isn't just a deer season lease. That is a long family weekend or multiple family get together type of access.

Hell, my favorite time to go out to the lease we had in rocksprings was the dead of summer to cut lanes and fill feeders. The sound of those grasshoppers on a summer afternoon is something I miss. Almost as much as lightening bugs on the Guadalupe river bottom.
Hoyt Ag
AG
We are in same county but a larger tract. No bunkhouse but superior hunting for both deer and quail. The price is in line with market value.
RCR06
AG
If you set aside $525(little more than a monthly car payment) a month and there's 12 people you could afford it. Maybe you can't do that...I'm not judging. I'm not gonna act like that's cheap, but I thinks its doable for a lot of people if thats what you're into. It's not for me, but for other reasons.
AggieJames09
AG
Great deal
OnlyForNow
AG
Truck payment now a days.
highvelocity
AG
if i still lived in SA id be all over a spot. thats quite the hike from dallas when its only an hour to my current spots
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
TxA&Mhunter
AG
I'm curious What is the corn and protein feeding bill ?
DVM97
AG
The lease does not have "individual" spots, it's the entire lease available.

DVM
nealan
If about 10 of you guys decide to get it, let me know!
tamc93
AG
In for the "guest" invite.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
ghollow
AG
VoreMoar12 said:

I'll help Manny out here. A group of ~10 doctors from Houston had it for ~20 years. Their health began declining & they were unable to utilize it as much. It's now available for a new long term type group.
I hunted down in that area when the doctors first leased the property. It is my recollection that they only shot does the first year or two in order to get the buck/doe ratio where it needed to be. They were trophy hunters and pulled some amazing bucks off the place. I saw two deer that had locked horns and got tangled up in one of their fences. Both bucks were 175 plus.

This is a great area to hunt. Lots of doves, quail (blues and bobwhites) hogs, javelina and BIG deer.

I miss getting to hunt down there but enjoy hunting my family property in north Texas.

For the right people, this is a great opportunity.
aggiekevo
AG
Same here, I'd be interested if a group takes this and needs to fill the last couple spots.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
VoreMoar12 said:

Sounds like they weren't very good at their jobs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Alta
AG
Seems like a pretty decent deal. Wish I knew 9-11 other people who would be interested.
louisIII_99
AG
I am part of a group that would be interested in leasing. Please email me to discuss. louis@vsoinc.com
44mAG
AG
Any good lease in that part of the country less than $8K a gun is a good deal. Decent hill country leases where you can expect a maximum of a 125" deer cost $3K - $4K these days.
agingcowboy
AG
Are you accepting applications to be part of your group
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tshort
AG
I've got a group going as well. Maybe we could combine? I've got 4-5 committed right now.

Text me if your interested. I think this is an incredible opportunity. I've already been talking to DVM97 a bunch via email.

Travis
8three2two025137
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.