Outdoors
Sponsored by

Is this real? Benchmade cutting up guns...

12,478 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Eliminatus
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I was in the business of buying votes, I'd probably spend some money on votes I needed, not the ones I already had...
jabberwalkie09
AG
highvelocity said:

i saw something similar this morning about Surefire being a donor to dems that have been on the push for anti-2A legislation

https://instagr.am/p/BuMXPAxgVEN

I saw this, this morning. And sure the guy is a meme factory, but considering that the rep pictured is on two committees that heavily use Surefire products...
highvelocity
AG
Yeah I'm watching to see what comes of it before I make a decision.
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
IDAGG
AG
highvelocity said:

Yeah I'm watching to see what comes of it before I make a decision.
Yeah the ammoland article on Benchmade is interesting. I get their contribution to Kurt Schrader...he is the congressman who's district includes Oregon City. Companies (or their PACs)do this all the time. The donation to Martin Heinrich from N.M is odd. The only possible connection is that he is on the Armed Services committee. But his "evolution" on gun control just plain sucks. Interestingly, both of these politicians supported the push to make CCW legal in all 50 states.
Prince_Ahmed
You know, since so many of you guys have pitchforked Benchmade, I'll help you out. As I'm sure many of you are conflicted as you are done with the brand, yet presumably you aren't against knife control and the destruction of lawfully-acquired knives, I'm going to make you an offer.

I'll buy your Benchmade knives from you, getting them off the streets and out of the hands of those who want to burn the brand, but will pledge to never destroy them.

What do you think? $5 a piece?
Duncan Idaho
EagleFordEarl said:

If I was in the business of buying votes, I'd probably spend some money on votes I needed, not the ones I already had...

So put this Pitchfork down?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Jokes on Benchmade. As soon as the gun grabbers get the guns they will go after knives.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
EFE
AG
https://www.instagram.com/benchmadeknifecompany/p/BuNUNTTnq-G/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ed4pvz2kzizq
Ag_of_08
AG
Guns have to be disposed of when turned in to buy backs, or of state law doesn't allow for sale to an ffl. That's federal law now I believe.

Bench made should refuse to ever even speak with the agency again for pulling this though, I'd have been livid that they pulled the stunt with pictures..
IDAGG
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

https://www.instagram.com/benchmadeknifecompany/p/BuNUNTTnq-G/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ed4pvz2kzizq
I love all the comments, in a looking at a car wreck sort of way. Especially all the ones with curse words and poor grammar.
EFE
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

EagleFordEarl said:

Yep. And I'd wager a bet to say that all of the faux outrager's spouting off that they'll never buy another Benchmade knife, never would have bought one in the first place.
rwtxag83
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Duncan Idaho said:

EagleFordEarl said:

Yep. And I'd wager a bet to say that all of the faux outrager's spouting off that they'll never buy another Benchmade knife, never would have bought one in the first place.
Maybe, but the point of trumpeting that you won't and why you won't will usually get others to say they won't also. Enough people going somewhere else with their business eventually shuts you down.
Greater love hath no man than this....
maverick2076
Their state law does allow those firearms to be sold. They have just never done it. That was a quote from one of the Oregon police chiefs in an article I read yesterday.
EFE
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BuP8AvfhDOZ
Ag_of_08
AG
maverick2076 said:

Their state law does allow those firearms to be sold. They have just never done it. That was a quote from one of the Oregon police chiefs in an article I read yesterday.

I know for a fact that guns can't be sold to individuals by Texas agencies as of 2018. They have to be sold in lots to an ffl.

I don't know anything about Oregon law.

If I'm not mistaken, federal law says anything purchased in a buyback has to be detroyed.
Eliminatus
AG
Pretty good response video from TCG(a good channel btw for gun stuff if you aren't familiar) of BenchMades own response that they got directly to their channel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.