Outdoors
Sponsored by

Is this real? Benchmade cutting up guns...

12,460 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Eliminatus
highvelocity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please tell me this is BS...?

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/benchmade-destroying-guns.366867/
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
jabberwalkie09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BuIN6nphs_M
Naveronski
AG
Yeah, it's real. I guess they didn't learn from Dicks.

FIDO*98*
AG
Well, if you look at the rates of stabbings and knife related violent crime in countries that have banned guns, maybe it's just good business
FSGuide
I read where it was guns that some people gave up and asked the police to have destroyed as well as some guns that had been used in crimes
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I don't know what is worse Benchmade helping to destroy guns or the fact that the Oregon police couldn't figure out how to do it themselves...
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I mean seriously how ****ing hard is it to use an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel.
texrover91
AG
Thought it was pretty common for LE to destroy confiscated weapons or those brought in voluntarily?

In today's world can't really see a scenario where making them available to the public - even thru legitimate sale - doesn't have the potential for major backlash (?)
ConstructionAg01
AG
Regardless the official police statement, that's terrible optics for a company that sells knives to a great many guns owners.
highvelocity
AG
This is my thought as well. This thing is BLOWING up on social media. And in a world where people see one thing, take that as a fact and run with it without any research to back it up. This is a Dicks 2.0 in the making
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
BigRedAg18
I may have to look into a starting a voluntary firearm destruction organization...you know, for the children
highvelocity
AG
In.
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
highvelocity said:

This is my thought as well. This thing is BLOWING up on social media. And in a world where people see one thing, take that as a fact and run with it without any research to back it up. This is a Dicks 2.0 in the making
wait, are we ok with Dicks now? I stopped following after we all got mad at them. Serious question here.
Bregxit
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

highvelocity said:

wait, are we ok with Dicks now? I stopped following after we all got mad at them. Serious question here.
LOL no.
highvelocity
AG
Haha still a no from me dawg
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
Stasco
AG
Have been tempted from time to time to get a bench made knife. They just made the choice easy for me. Plenty of other good options out there.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Damn, looks like a nice Wingmaster.
DallasAggies01
AG
Stasco said:

Have been tempted from time to time to get a bench made knife. They just made the choice easy for me. Plenty of other good options out there.
Those guns were going to be destroyed somehow. Why does it matter that Benchmade did it? Some of y'all are just too damn sensitive. Benchmade never said they don't support gun rights or the 2nd all they did was do the local LEs a solid. That should actually make you want support them more.
TThom
highvelocity said:

The scariest part of this, and is in no way directed at you HV...how did something "blowing up on social media" become important in our society....it's just sad

This is really a nonstory
Tx-Ag2010
AG
DallasAggies01 said:

Stasco said:

Those guns were going to be destroyed somehow. Why does it matter that Benchmade did it? Some of y'all are just too damn sensitive. Benchmade never said they don't support gun rights or the 2nd all they did was do the local LEs a solid. That should actually make you want support them more.

Too sensitive??? I am 100% behind our peace officers but don't see any reason why those guns should have been destroyed. Hell if they really wanted to get rid of them why not set up an auction and actually add to their annual budget
FancyKetchup14
AG
Good grief, this is becoming a reason to not support benchmade? Oregon police department asked for assistance and they happily obliged, a police department that likely purchases a lot of benchmade knives.

Find me a statement where BM hints they don't support the 2A and you'll have a legit gripe. This is just a stupid ass, social media mob storm looking for something to ***** and moan about.
GMaster0
I agree too sensitive, not enough context either.
nonameag99
Any PDs that you know of that purchase knives?
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
FancyKetchup14
AG
No, but I'd bet money that officers have access to purchase discounted knives.
highvelocity
AG
I agree, I wish social media didn't exist personally, but here we are. From what I've seen these smaller companies that have a pretty big following, specifically on Instagram, are tired of getting back stabbed. For example late in 2018, some payment and website hosts cut off gun manufacturers and other 2A related manufacturers from even using their sites as a way to slow distribution of their products. So I think this is coming from a lot of hypersensitivity (which I think is warranted on their part) and is turning it into a situation where as soon as these types of companies even think someone is trying to screw with them / perform anti 2A activities, they're going to go the knee jerk route and blast content / info like this to their majority diehard 2A supporters. And when said company that's under fire releases a statement explaining their actions, they just add fuel to the fire.
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
highvelocity
AG
BM has a very generous discount program for their associated partners
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
Eliminatus
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Good grief, this is becoming a reason to not support benchmade? Oregon police department asked for assistance and they happily obliged, a police department that likely purchases a lot of benchmade knives.

Find me a statement where BM hints they don't support the 2A and you'll have a legit gripe. This is just a stupid ass, social media mob storm looking for something to ***** and moan about.
Have you met any gun owners in the wild??

Gun people are either some of the coolest cats around, or the most sensitive prima donnas around. I haven't really met any that fall in the middle. You can guess which one screeches on the internet.

BUT, to be fair, it IS still crappy optics whether we like it or not. I can just see the collective groan at Benchmade when that OPD post went live. I suspect they had no idea it was coming.

Also, interesting sidenote, Benchmade has made only political contributions to the Democratic party since 2010. Nothing major, low five digits, but money is definitely a "statement". I looked into the two main candidates for this last cycle and both Dems that got Benchmade money seem to be about as pro gun (or at least not shrieking anti 2A loons) as you can be these days as a Dem and still remain in office. Though, I did recognize one of the congressman and sure enough it was one of the early faves for VP elect for HRC in the last election cycle. You simply can't have ANY notion of being slightly pro 2A when running with the HillDawg.

So there is that.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Quote:

Also, interesting sidenote, Benchmade has made only political contributions to the Democratic party since 2010. Nothing major, low five digits, but money is definitely a "statement". I looked into the two main candidates for this last cycle and both Dems that got Benchmade money seem to be about as pro gun (or at least not shrieking anti 2A loons) as you can be these days as a Dem and still remain in office. Though, I did recognize one of the congressman and sure enough it was one of the early faves for VP elect for HRC in the last election cycle. You simply can't have ANY notion of being slightly pro 2A when running with the HillDawg.

The donations were from individuals who listed Benchmade as their employer, not Benchmade themselves. Benchmade has only spent money on lobbyists (if OpenSecrets is accurate).
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Quote:

Too sensitive??? I am 100% behind our peace officers but don't see any reason why those guns should have been destroyed. Hell if they really wanted to get rid of them why not set up an auction and actually add to their annual budget

Liability. All it takes is one screw up at an auction, and the PD gets reamed.

Plus, the guns fell under two categories. People who wanted them destroyed, and court ordered destruction. Not really any leeway there. Now, you could go after judges, and ask them why they are ordered destroyed rather than simply turned over to local LEOs like other property that is confiscated.
BCO07
AG
This was more than benchmade "doing the pd a solid." PD could have asked any local machine shop to do this, but instead they went with a well known brand to make a statement.
ought1ag
AG
time for them to start the buy a knife and get a free gun promo!!!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Jokes on Benchmade. As soon as the gun grabbers get the guns they will go after knives.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
htxag09
AG
So much faux outrage
C4D
AG

Those pics tell me they are selling the actions. Is that news?

HalifaxAg
AG
...didn't they make a SBS there, should have to buy a stamp before they destroy it.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.