Outdoors
Sponsored by

Couple of custom knives and a story

1,819 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by texrover91
PharmD4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad (c/o '77 and fellow Texagger) was getting set to retire a few years ago, and like a good son, I figured I'd get him a little something to show appreciation for the years providing and sacrificing so thatI could have some cool outdoor experiences growing up.

So I got him a custom CM forge knife

A little while later, I heard rumblings that Curtis wasn't going to be making knives much longer, so I got me one too.

Well he didn't exactly retire immediately, and I ended up keeping the knives in my gun safe for 3 years! This past January, he officially retired and I kinda forgot about the knives. Instead, my mom and I booked him a helicopter hog hunt. I just now remembered to actually give him the knife last weekend, and I think we're both looking forward to using them.... maybe on pigs.

Point being...if any of you guys are entering those near retirement years, make sure you announce it way early...maybe you can double up on some gifts!
Milwaukees Best Light
magnumtmp
AG
Knives are beautiful, and congrats to Dad on the retirement.
Gulf Coast Aggie
AG
Beautiful knives. They don't get any better than that. I tipped a Montana guide one similar to the first one with birds eye maple. Kept an ivory handle one for
Myself.
jpistolero02
I just ordered one for my dad from David Winston and I am on the list for a Gene Ingram. We need a knife like a hole in our head, but I want him to have a nice knife he can leave my son one of these days. Right now we both own several cheap knives that get the job done.
texrover91
AG
Just checked his FB page - as usual I missed out - great looking knives

Congrats to your pops. And to you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.