Outdoors
Sponsored by

Aoudad Raffle tickets again!

2,017 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 88planoAg
88planoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi all. Last year I posted a raffle for a private Aoudad hunt, all proceeds to benefit our HS band. It is that time again!

Deadline is Feb 21.

This seemed to work well last year - if you are interested, shoot me a pm with your email address. Then I send a request for $ via paypal to your email address. When I get the $ I will fill out the raffle ticket with your info, write a check, take a pic of the ticket and the check and send that to your email. Then if you win you will be contacted directly based on the info provided on the ticket.

Here are the details:

Raffle tickets are $25 each and all $$ goes to support our band (hunt is donated)- Champion HS in Boerne.

Hunt must take place between March 30, 2019 and April 7, 2019

The ranch is a private and not open to the public.

hunter must be 21 years old with a valid hunting license

2000 acre ranch.

1-gun guided day hunt for 1 hunter with valid license and accompanying non-hunter

Aoudad and 2 feral pigs

no kill fees

safari style over rugged terrain, no blinds

breakfast provided

assistance with field dressing and transpo to processing

Not included - processing and taxidermy fees

https://www.championbandboosters.org/aoudad-hunt-fundraiser.html

FSGuide
"assistance with field dressing and transpo to processing"

Does this mean they will cut the head off and take it to a taxidermist and drag the rest of the carcass into the brush?
88planoAg
AG
I don't know. I'm not a hunter and have not heard the details other than what is posted here and at the website. I can ask, though.

Actually, strike that - one of the options is to 'donate the meat from your hunt so it isn't wasted' - so I would think you get the whole animal. Right?
FSGuide
I'm just saying that your average hunter isn't going to eat Aoudad, especially a trophy ram. I've eaten it several times at an annual party at a game ranch but it was always a young ewe or a lamb and it was pretty good. The one time I took a backstrap off of a big ram that was killed I tried several ways to prepare it, even ground up in extra spicy chili and made some into sausage. I couldn't get past one bite of it no matter what I did with it. They generally get treated like hogs except for the head & cape.

Having said that, I'm gonna buy some tickets.
88planoAg
AG
FSGuide said:

I'm just saying that your average hunter isn't going to eat Aoudad, especially a trophy ram. I've eaten it several times at an annual party at a game ranch but it was always a young ewe or a lamb and it was pretty good. The one time I took a backstrap off of a big ram that was killed I tried several ways to prepare it, even ground up in extra spicy chili and made some into sausage. I couldn't get past one bite of it no matter what I did with it. They generally get treated like hogs except for the head & cape.

Having said that, I'm gonna buy some tickets.
ah, ok. gotchya. And thanks!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
agree, although I did process a smaller male's hindquarters (23"-24" & 200-220lbs) into summer sausage and slim Jim's.... no one has thrown up eating them yet.
88planoAg
AG
Good morning bump.
kdm_01
AG
I'll give it another try this year!
88planoAg
AG
I've sent paypal requests to all those who expressed interest so far (except 2 who are local and will buy the tickets directly from me). If you contacted me and didn't get a paypal request please let me know.

While I don't have a running total of all tickets sold for this, it is usually pretty low. So your chances of winning are pretty good....
agsport
AG
88planoAg - I wouldn't mind giving it a shot and I am local.
88planoAg
AG
agsport said:

awesome! since you don't have pm here, shoot me an email:

fortenberry at aggiekids dot com
TxSquarebody
I had an aoudad ground up with wild hog...was pretty tasty. Where is the hunt? I shot mine in Utopia.
88planoAg
AG
TxSquarebody said:

I had an aoudad ground up with wild hog...was pretty tasty. Where is the hunt? I shot mine in Utopia.
Pipe Creek.
88planoAg
AG
agsport said:

Let me know via email if you would like to buy some tickets, I can get them to you this weekend.

For everyone else - if you are interested let me know either via email (upthread) or by pm.

Just found out the deadline is Wednesday, drawing Thursday at 5.

But I'm their big seller, so I might be able to get you one even on Thursday morning.

Thanks OB!

88planoAg
AG
One more bump, raffle drawing is Thursday.

There are still 2+ who said they wanted tickets who I haven't heard from. 2 local and 1 paypal request that is out there.

If you are no longer interested please let me know.
FSGuide
E-mail sent to OP
88planoAg
AG
Hello all - the band boosters postponed the drawing until tomorrow - apparently although the tickets say the drawing will be the 21st, somewhere the 22nd was posted, so the fundraising chairperson is going with that date.

Wanted to let all who bought tickets know that the drawing will be tomorrow at 5pm - I'll let everyone know the results tomorrow.

And, of course, this gives everyone else an additional evening.....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.