Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ski Aficionados? Snow Report

6,912 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cupofjoe04
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Utah just got slammed with fresh powder-
Snowbird reporting a 127 inch base and Park City checks in at 101 inches. My aching back reports that shoveling 18 inches of snow in Salt Lake on a 100 ft driveway so if you have time and a hankering for deep snow, this is the place with new storms expected during the next seven days. Oh, and we are much more Texas-friendly than Colorado.
7yrplan
AG
The important part is most got around 3 ft of fresh powder in the last 48 hours! Snow pack looks strong this year. Although shoveling my driveway did suck.

My wife is pregnant with twins so I've spent far too much time finishing my basement and far too little time in the mountains.

Snow is only fun if you play in it.
HSEAG13
9 inches in Taos and angel fire. Contemplating a suicide trip from the panhandle....
FrontPorchAg
8ft of new snow this week at Mammoth Mountain
6' at Bear Valley
6' at Squaw
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
UTExan
It hit so rapidly they actually closed schools-it is pretty uncommon for local schools to have an actual snow day. The nice part is I can sit at Cucina in the Avenues and have a leisurely coffee and almond croissant with very few other people.
FrontPorchAg
UTExan said:

It hit so rapidly they actually closed schools-it is pretty uncommon for local schools to have an actual snow day. The nice part is I can sit at Cucina in the Avenues and have a leisurely coffee and almond croissant with very few other people.

Sounds like a nice morning. I don't get to ski because I'm waiting on a meeting to start.
cupofjoe04
AG
Wolf Creek has gotten some great snow this week. We are at 100"+ Summit, 90" Midway.

Officially, they are reporting 10" of new powder yesterday- but we had 12" @ my house and I'm hearing others got even more. Ski slopes have gotten almost 40" this week.
John Cocktolstoy
cupofjoe04 said:

Wolf Creek has gotten some great snow this week. We are at 100"+ Summit, 90" Midway.

Officially, they are reporting 10" of new powder yesterday- but we had 12" @ my house and I'm hearing others got even more. Ski slopes have gotten almost 40" this week.
You live up there Cup? North or South end from WC?
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
jakeaggie84
AG
Crazy. I was just there the first part of January and most had a base of 20-30'' only. Got a bunch of snow in the last month!
cupofjoe04
AG
John Cocktolstoy said:

cupofjoe04 said:

I'm in Pagosa
TommyGun
AG
UTExan said:

Snowbird reporting a 127 inch base and Park City checks in at 101 inches. My aching back reports that shoveling 18 inches of snow in Salt Lake on a 100 ft driveway so if you have time and a hankering for deep snow, this is the place with new storms expected during the next seven days. Oh, and we are much more Texas-friendly than Colorado.

Man what I would do to be in Mineral Basin right about now. Storm skiing at Snowbird is about as good as it gets, in my opinion.
John Cocktolstoy
cupofjoe04 said:

John Cocktolstoy said:

cupofjoe04 said:

I'm in Pagosa
We stay at Riverbend when we ski there. Do you elk hunt?
cupofjoe04
AG
I've been known to walk around the woods tooting an elk call a time or two...
dr_boogs
AG
Headed to Breckinridge Monday, will hit Copper, then driving to Santa Fe to ski there the week after that. Unusual that I get to get that much time on the slopes. Can't wait.
FTAco07
AG
Currently in Aspen. Skiing was tough today because visibility was almost zero with snow and overcast conditions and 10 degree temps. So much powder on the slopes!
Post removed:
by user
FrontPorchAg
SoupNazi2001 said:

I'm at Park City now, 5 feet last 5 days and snow conditions are awesome but it was cold this morning. Never got much above 10 but sun came out after lunch.

Park city sucks. Drive to the other side of the range and do some real skiing.
John Cocktolstoy
Solitude and Alta were my go to hills.
Ark03
AG
UTExan said:

We're going to Deer Valley for Spring Break this year. Both kids in school has started to interfere with our winter ski trip. I hope it doesn't all melt before then!
UTExan
Ark03 said:

UTExan said:

We're going to Deer Valley for Spring Break this year. Both kids in school has started to interfere with our winter ski trip. I hope it doesn't all melt before then!
Looks like we are in an active pattern for storms. Hope you get down to Salt Lake for some excellent downtown restaurants.
FrontPorchAg
Ark03 said:

UTExan said:

**** Deer Valley. That place is a pretentious ***** hole.

But they do have a good ski school. I don't know if she is still there but the assistant director of the kids ski school, Colleen, is class of '06.
FrontPorchAg
UTE - Hit me up if you are ever in Tahoe I would love to ski with you sometime.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Just got back from Wolf Creek. Skied Tue-Fri. Was incredible. The hill got a foot of snow Tuesday night. And probably another foot on Wednesday. Another inch or two on Thursday. It was a whiteout on Wednesday but the skiing was incredible.
Ark03
AG
I don't disagree, but they do have a great ski school, lines are rare, and no snowboarders there to flop down right in front of me ...and my wife likes their level of grooming.
Woody2006
AG
Crystal mountain in WA got 12" last night and will get some refills again tonight. Best powder day we've had since the week after Christmas.
DeBoss
AG
Ok So I can get to Denver for $175 this weekend. Where should I go ski that has good fresh powder?
cplatt
About 3-4 feet of snow in Jackson wyoming area in last week and still coming down tonight
arrow
AG
I was at Heavenly this weekend. That place got absolutely dumped on. I wish I was still there.
UTExan
Snowbird and northern Utah mountains picked up another foot of snow last night.
DVM97
AG
I am Steamboat bound on Thursday, should be a great 4 day weekend!!

DVM
cupofjoe04
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

Just got back from Wolf Creek. Skied Tue-Fri. Was incredible. The hill got a foot of snow Tuesday night. And probably another foot on Wednesday. Another inch or two on Thursday. It was a whiteout on Wednesday but the skiing was incredible.
Wolf Creek was beautiful last week - and got a fresh coating this am.
UTExan
Mtn_Guide said:

UTE - Hit me up if you are ever in Tahoe I would love to ski with you sometime.

Thanks, sir. But multiple knee injuries from sports and LEO work have put my skiing days behind me. I just want my fellow Texans who enjoy the sport to get a better deal than they can get in Colorado IMHO.
cplatt
Are you still LE in Utah?
Shaggie 05
AG
Got to steamboat yesterday. We got probably 8-10 inches this morning between 5:30am and noon. Then had a bluebird afternoon. Pretty great day on the mountain.
UTExan
cplatt said:

Are you still LE in Utah?

Retired 3 years ago. And I have never looked back.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.