Outdoors
Sponsored by

Proud son moment

2,896 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LSB_2002
txaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm fortunate enough to be a part of a very well-managed, long-term deer lease in South Texas. It's a great situation for me because my FIL has been on the lease for 25+ years and my dad uses my mgmt tag. We do focus heavily on trying to kill big, mature deer, but more importantly, I get spend quality time with both of my father figures, which have taught me a lot about life and given me direction. My dad and I have hunted hard this year for a good mgmt deer for him. We've come close on a few instances, but just couldn't get it to all come together for one reason or another. For example, this morning, we had a nice, mature 8-point walk out, but when we raised the window to shoot (hate the windows that open vertically and don't slide horizontally), it fell and the deer ran off. F-bombs were flying. This evening, the stars lined up and dad made a perfect shot. A solid, chocolate-horned South Texas 9-point. There were plenty of fist bumps in the stand, hugs while we filled out the tags, and celebratory drinks around the camp fire. Just need to find a big boy now!

Michael Shumard
Well done!
magnumtmp
AG
Nicely done.
45-70Ag
AG
That's a pretty buck
Cool experience

And having to wear snake boots in January.............no thank you
skelso
AG
Nice buck buddy!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Great buck, wish we had trophies like that on our lease let alone cull management bucks

Sidebar: Why not just open the windows and leave them open...
AgLawman
AG
Good stuff!!!
agenjake
Judging by that soil and brush... Is that Zavala County?
txaggie02
AG
Webb
txaggie02
AG
Turned out to be an outstanding father/son weekend, as I was able knock down a really old mgmt-type 10 point yesterday morning. I can't make final weekend due to some prior commitments, so it was an awesome way to close out this deer season.

matthewj042
LSB_2002
AG
Awesome trip! Congrats on the memories made.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.