Outdoors
Sponsored by

Glock 43X and 48

3,838 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheGroupGuy
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had been reading about these and Glock just sent out an email detailing the Specs. Figured y'all might be interested as well.

43X
https://us.glock.com/Products/g43x_silver_slide

https://us.glock.com/Products/g48_silver_slide
Naveronski
AG
Bling bling.
jabberwalkie09
AG
This comes from someone who has in general liked the Glocks I've had with 17's and 19's....

I'll pass on this.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Glock keeps finding solutions to problems that don't exist. Rather than this mess, they need to offer a 17 slide/19 grip pistol or a 19 slide/26 grip. They'd probably sell a lot more.
Morpholino
AG
I was hoping Glock would come out with a direct competitor to the P365. Maybe these are. I currently carry the 365 because I like to have 10 rounds (over 6 for the G43). The overall height of the 365 and 43 make these ultra concealable at my appendix. These new G43X and G48 are slim but they have a similar height to the G19. So probably won't be as concealable as the 365. The two-tone is a turn off.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Glock keeps finding solutions to problems that don't exist. Rather than this mess, they need to offer a 17 slide/19 grip pistol or a 19 slide/26 grip. They'd probably sell a lot more.

It's easy to cut down a Glock grip. Buy a 17 and cut it down to take 19 mags. No factory involvement needed.

Marauder Blue 6
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

It's easy to cut down a Glock grip. Buy a 17 and cut it down to take 19 mags. No factory involvement needed.

I understand how grip chops work. To do so without having it look like crap means buying a pistol and having someone do the chop and that's usually not cheap. What I'm saying is that they should offer the longer slide/shorter grip options instead of these shorter slide/longer grip options that don't serve a lot of purpose.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Think like Glock.

How many people want a long slide 19, but are unwilling to chop the grip or pay to get a grip reduction, but who would buy a factory version? That's not a huge market.

You can't just chop a grip and get a 19X, so it's different enough and hard enough for the aftermarket to provide (plus hey, they already tooled up for their failed govt contract bid, so might as well sell to the public) to make it worth Glocks time.

Something anyone with a dremel can do in an afternoon isn't worth their time or effort. Too small of a niche.
maverick2076
Marauder Blue 6 said:

This is why I'm doing a Polymer80 build. To get the 19 grip/17 slide.
gibberish
AG
Clearly this is targeting Low Capacity States and markets. It would piss me off to have a Glock 19 with only 10rd mags, might as well have a thinner gun or bigger boolits.
TheVarian
AG
That, and 1) I think they were getting a little backlash with the P365 2) Glock's gonna Glock, produce a little teaser/partial of what the public calls for then introduce new iterations
JSKolache
AG
I like the new slide finish, but not interested in these frame sizes.
Boo Weekley
I like the idea of having a 26 slide length with 19 grip length in thinner single stack. But I am surprised they haven't also done a 19 length/26 height as someone else mentioned.

The 43x seems like a comfortable shooter that is still very concealable. Honestly my 19 is concealable in most clothes, as bulky as it is. I like the idea of having a CC gun that I can get my entire hand on.

The 43x is getting a lot of hate imo that is unwarranted. Even Hickok kind of shat on it "not having a niche"...but he only mentioned the pocket carry vs. OWB carry aspect. I think this one would be a solid IWB carry option and the height is similar to the shield with 8-rd mag.

Don't like it? Get the 26 or 43. This is just one more option that does have a place imo.
TheGroupGuy
Looked at the 43 but went with the P365. Very impressed with accuracy and love the fit of the extended mag which gives me 12+1.
Deliver Me!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.