Outdoors
Sponsored by

OFFICIAL OUTDOOR BOARD CIGAR SWAP OF 2018 HOLIDAY SEASON

13,464 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LPHA
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Sent mine today. Ag_07 should be reporting a (hopefully) satisfactory haul on Thursday after 2pm.

Yeah I got them safe and sound.

Need to post a pic

Thanks!
powerbelly
AG
Thanks RCR06!

Nosh
Construction...they are on the way!
dr_boogs
AG
That's a nice haul! I've had numbers 1 and 5. Both are good, I prefer the my father over Olivia but personal preference. Haven't had that Padron.
Nosh
Sweet haul! Thanks Ag_07! I don't think I've ever had any of these. Can't wait to try them!

https://imgur.com/a/ZRjVIQ2
Old Sarge
AG
Blindey, yours coming USPS, and should be there Mon or Tues.
End Of Message
AG
TheVarian, shipped! Sorry for the delay. Will be there Thursday.

Threw in a few more!
Old Sarge
AG
Blindey, check yer mailbox!
bdgol07
AG

Got my sticks on from SweaterusVestus this weekend but had issues with imgur

excited to try these.
End Of Message
AG
TexasAg2017, thank you! Hauling one up to Denver this week for work.
Old Sarge
AG
Hophead,

Smoked the My Father La Bijou last Sat, and am currently smoking the AJ Fernandez Enclave.

Gotta say, the Enclave takes the W between those two. AJ really is making his mark for what used to be a budget stick maker. Better flavor, and construction, at least with these two.
TheVarian
AG
Thanks again for the sticks!
Old Sarge
AG
So, has everyone received their shipments?

Let's see some reviews......
BenderRodriguez
AG
Old Sarge said:

So, has everyone received their shipments?..

Nope. I'll shoot my guy an email.

Knowing my mailman, it's entirely possible he sent them and the mail just gave them to a neighbor or something.
Nosh
Sent my sampler to Construction a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard back.

TRIDENT
AG
I smoked the San Cristobal Revelation that cosc11 sent me in a duck blind near Corsicana on Sunday. The smooth draw, excellent construction and flavors of cedar, earthy coffee, nuts and spice kept me warm as the fog persisted. Finally it cleared a bit and I got a beautiful drake wood duck that is now at the taxidermist.
civil08
AG
I'm sorry its taken so long to get this write up but I owe it to Zaiquiri as he sent me some great cigars. I didn't realize I was logged in to my cousins account when I replied so it was under COSC11. Maybe one day I will be able to describe a cigar like TRIDENT but not quite there, still glad to see he enjoyed the ones I sent. So here is my not an expert but not a rookie review:

Herrera Esteli by Drew Estate I base all of my cigar judgments from Monte Cristo White Label as that is the cigar I am most familiar with. This one was just as smooth and overall great cigar. I started with the lightest looking cigar out of the group, you'll read why next

Nica Bustica gonna be honest, I was very intimidated by this cigar, the last time I smoked one this dark I almost lost my dinner around the camp fire. I was very wrong, this was a great cigar and will lead to trying others. Very strong tobacco flavor but very smooth.

Yellowcake the only way to describe this cigar is its just a great lunch time/mid day cigar. Quick smoke, very light and smooth. Will definitely keep some around.

Muwat Kentucky Fire Cure don't let the small size fool you, this one will wake you up with flavor, very strong wood/oak. It reminds me a lot of the first time I had woodford reserve.

Cohiba just a good solid cigar, not much else to say.

I still have a few more to go and will post again once I finish. Thanks again Zaiquiri.
dr_boogs
AG
Wasn't a part of the last pass, but wanted to bump this thread as it's the most recent OB cigar thread.

Picked up a Rocky Patel old world reserve maduro and enjoyed it this evening with a glass of Angels Envy rye. Outstanding cigar for the 12.00 price point. Highly recommend this cigar. I'd purchase a box if I had room for them.

Construction is top notch. Smooth well wrapped outer and nice tight cap. A couple of cool bands. Draw is very easy which is important for me. Not a fan of medium or tight drawing cigars. The cigar smells of leather, chocolate, and spices before lighting. As with most maduros, the first 1/3 to 1/2 smokes very nice with tastes of chocolate, leather, and oak flavors. The pepper really comes in the last 1/3 but it's very enjoyable and not overwhelming. Remains lit even when setting it aside for 3-5 mins. Not a cigar that leaves your head spinning with dizziness at the finish. Shout out to agrams for my mesquite cigar tray.

Summary - pick one of these up and enjoy it!

planoaggie123
AG
Bumping vs starting a new thread.

Headed to the in-laws in Nashville this weekend. Neither of us are much for cigars but plan to get a few nice ones as my brother-in-law got engaged since I last saw him. Any recommendations of places in Dallas to purchase and specifically any "beginner friendly"' specific cigar recommendations? Price not an issue. Thanks!
LPHA
AG
Anything like this going on or in the works?
dr_boogs
AG
Nope, but thanks for volunteering to run this one! AC will fill you in on the rules!
LPHA
AG
Unfortunately I don't have the organizational skills or follow through to set something like this up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.