Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** 2019 OB Fitness Goals Thread***

24,036 Views | 249 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Daddy-O5
CTGilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is that time of year again.

I added a 2019 tab to the spreadsheet.

Deleted Old Link

Over 350#s lost last year. At one time the number was close to 400#s with AC losing 50.

Good luck.

*Add you name to the list, starting weight, and goal weight.

New OB Fitness Tracker

I will get the functions going as I get time. It is easier to do after the sheet has a little population.

Original owner deleted the sheet. The old one was built off the one from 3 years ago.
BreNayPop
AG
Love this thread! I also hate this thread!

I started 2018 and my highest weight was 268, I'm 230 today.

Goal 200.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Participated in this for part of 2017. Missed 2018. Also gained weight (and lost weight) in 2018.

My body interprets stress as "store everything", so when I'm stressed I can pack on the pounds. Started 2017 at 244, went down to the mid 230s, stopped updating the thread or working hard. I got up to my heaviest in years by May of 2018...259. I was stressed about the upcoming birth of our first kid. After he showed up in June, something just clicked in my head and I wasn't stressed anymore, and knew I had to be a better example to him. So I've been working out for the second half of 2018, and I'm back down to the mid 230s, with plenty of room to go.

I'll weigh in on Jan 1st for an accurate start weight. I don't have a weight loss goal, my only goal this year is consistency. I want to continually be making progress, whether that's one pound a month or ten. My only goal this year is to actually chime in and update every week.

ETA: Spreadsheets don't work with arbitrary goals very well. I picked a random goal, but I don't care if I reach it or not. Only goal is to work on getting stronger and stop being fat all year, and chime in every month with an update.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm in. So ready for 2018 to be over. It was a disaster for us and I packed on a lot of weight that I had lost in 2016 and 2017. Here is to consistency and accountability!!
txagfisher
AG
In. Dropped from 215 to 165 since April. Planning to get the rest out of the way early 2019 so I can focus more heavily on training for elk hunting.
FinanceWildcat
In. My goal hopefully won't be reached, because after I cut and hit 162, I'm looking to lean bulk and start to add strength back. Consistent check in and monitoring will help tremendously, no matter what side of the goal I'm on!
rlb28
AG
In. totally great thread.
BurrOak
AG
Well I'll try it again. 3 years of being a fat lazy ass and I'm sick of it. I have a 7 month old daughter now so I really need to do this. I'm in.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I'm in if I can get my bad back fixed. Sciatica is wearing me out!!!!
So far physical therapy is not helping. Trying to avoid surgery.
MouthBQ98
AG
160.8 this morning. Got the weight off and kept it off for 2 years now. It's sll about consistency in exercising and making good choices in diet.
CTGilley
AG
Once I hit my first goal I just kept making smaller manageable goals. This gave me something to work towards and keep motivated.
CTGilley
AG
If you have a goal to gain, put (gain) next to your name and I will adjust the formula if you want to use the sheet.
Tx95Ag
AG
I should have got in on the 2018 thread. Was at 211 back in August. I'm currently sitting at 182. My goal is 175, but with Christmas in the way I may need to get on the 2019 thread.
garyt73
AG
I would like to join again. I had a pretty good loss going last year and had some health problems that called for prolonged steroid use and I failed to keep the weight off. At 260 now. Goal is 210.
DallasAggies01
AG
I'll get in on this. I let myself go the last 18 months for sure. I was doing really good then life and injuries got in the way.

Wife and I ordered a Peloton for our Christmas and I already have 22 straight days using it.
TacosaurusRex
Sometimes timing is a funny thing. I picked up a new rowing machine today, so looks like I'm in too.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
saltydog13
AG
Maybe joining in on this will help me stay consistent. No cardio and sporadic weight training only does nothing. My goal weight loss is about 10lbs to be 165 and be in overall better shape/health with a 6 month old.
lazuras_dc
AG
I've lost close to 10lbs (I'm 5'11" started at 175 down to 165 so about 5% reduction in weight ) in the last four months with almost no working out or cardio (tennis once or twice a week but that's fun and not cardio in the sense of riding a bike or running which to me is boring as all get out)

What's helped me:

I started off by giving up most sweets. Cakes cookies pies ice cream and candy. I'll still occasionally eat chocolate but most of my sweets are fruits. Didn't notice a big difference in weight but certainly started feeling better.

Then I started doing time restricted eating. Like intermittent fasting. From first meal to last meal I try to make within an 8-10 hr window.

I then stopped eating bread. I still eat carbs: Noodles,tortillas and chips and fries etc. but I've found that the three of things together just started shredding my weight and I feel a lot better.

It sounds extreme but I really don't really miss that stuff much. And don't have to spend hours on a treadmill or peloton.
DallasAggies01
AG
I don't eat a lot of sweets. Really need to limit my carb intake. I like Miller Lite a bit too much on the weekends. Also the bread thing. I'll eat a sandwich for just about every lunch. I know I need to make changes to my diet for sure.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I'm in (again) so far this is the second year I have let things get away from me... Only positive is that despite my poor diet and relative lack of exercise I haven't gained any weight. I'm still 6'4" 250#.

With an elk hunt on the horizon though this has to change. I'm hoping to get in good all around shape and probably 220-230#
agenjake
I think I'll play this year. Need to get my ass in gear. Will fill in spreadsheet when I get a chance. Need to lose 30 pounds and want to run a Spartan race.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Whatever it takes to go out west and "enjoy" the entire hunt, without being physically drained, 80% of the time. Tough to do (prepare/train) in Texas, but I'll hopefully figure it out.
appleb35
Add me, Appleb 198 starting weight! woo hoo!!
saltydog13
AG
Use one of the elevation masks while running to get used to the altitude?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
saltydog13 said:

Use one of the elevation masks while running to get used to the altitude?

Meh, it's mostly junk science from what I have read. Does it help you perform under reduced oxygen? Maybe... does it actually perform as a hyperbaric training tool, no.

I can probably hop on the stair climber for 1 hour at a time, with a straw in my mouth, for a more realistic experience.
saltydog13
AG
Ah. Seeing pro athletes (not sponsored) using them in the offseason I figured they weren't the typical waste of money fitness gear/supplements
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Depends on what you read into it. If you think you're going to trigger more red blood cells generation (via simulated hyperbaric conditions), you're wrong.

If you just want to restrict oxygen during training, you will do so... but you will also limit the amount of time you can train. So the question is, do you train for endurance and stress over a long period of time, or do you restrict the time and train for short periods with limited oxygen intake?

I would lean towards the former... train for hip/leg/ankle flexibility plus endurance and the hope you're cardiovascular training translates at higher altitudes.
saltydog13
AG
Good points and definitely agree.
lazuras_dc
AG
In the flat country... Heat training is going to be the best for preparing for high altitude... more so than the Bane Mask.

But yes, stability, flexibility, and functional strength will be your base... then cardio and heat training on top of that.
CTGilley
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Depends on what you read into it. If you think you're going to trigger more red blood cells generation (via simulated hyperbaric conditions), you're wrong.

If you just want to restrict oxygen during training, you will do so... but you will also limit the amount of time you can train. So the question is, do you train for endurance and stress over a long period of time, or do you restrict the time and train for short periods with limited oxygen intake?

I would lean towards the former... train for hip/leg/ankle flexibility plus endurance and the hope you're cardiovascular training translates at higher altitudes.
It does not. The altitude will kick you but the first few days no matter what. The trick I learn was to move slow and steady to keep your air. Another hunter called it the "Colorado Mosey." We made the mistake of trying to hustle up a hill the fist day. My hunting partner that was in much better cardiovascular shape than me had an elephant sitting on his chest. We learned quickly. By day three it was less of an issue.

I am glad I dropped 40# and doubled my strength the year before we went. It is amazing how much easier it is to get up off the ground when changing the oil in my truck these days. This thread was a big part of that. I started earlier but the key to my success was using MyFitnessPal. I did not see any real weight loss until I started tracking what I ate.
IronRed13
AG
I'll join this year! Currently sitting at 290, even after losing 60lbs last year. Aiming for another 75lbs this year.
BenderRodriguez
AG
IronRed13 said:

I'll join this year! Currently sitting at 290, even after losing 60lbs last year. Aiming for another 75lbs this year.
Dropping 60 lbs is awesome, even if you're not where you want to be yet.

Congrats, keep it up.
TxSquarebody
IN! I have officially hit holy sheet weight. Need all the accountability I can get!
Floor it until you see God
txrancher69
AG
It's time so I'm in for 2019. Life slips away while we plan on doing something, this is a great way to step up and be accountable. In my case a little tough to exercise this wore out old body having had four back operations and knee surgery but I can do it. Might be interesting to add a column for age and/or height so we can see how our cohorts are doing. (in my case 6'3" and 71 - anyone else of that age?) I'm pretty stove up from a lifetime of hard body use, but fellas we can get this done.
So three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.................You can't convince me that's a coincidence.
End Of Message
AG
In.

Goal weight: 175 lb.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.