Outdoors
Sponsored by

Alaska Salmon Fishing Trip

1,728 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FirefightAg
bmac_aggie18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This past June after graduation me and my buddy went salmon/trout fishing in Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula. His grandparents lived in Nikiski and so every day we drove to the Russian River and banked it or the Upper Kenai River and floated and would stop and fish at certain spots. We had the best luck with salmon on the Russian River where it ran into the Kenai. However we also caught some nice trout while floating the Kenai and did manage to pull a few salmon out as well!
Slayer17
AG
Cool video, that's some beautiful country!
I Drink Your Milkshake
bmac_aggie18
AG
Thank you it was! Fortunate enough to see bald eagles, moose, sheep, caribou, black bears and even two grizzlies snuck up right behind me and stole my salmon from me!!
Aggieangler93
AG
This post does not suck!!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
bmac_aggie18
AG
Haha I made this video a few months ago and knew this board could use somethin feel-good!
Arctic Ag
AG
You should try fishing for silvers and trout in September/October in the kenai. Trout get fatter and silvers are a kick in the pants to fight.
EskimoJoe
Arctic Ag said:

You should try fishing for silvers and trout in September/October in the kenai. Trout get fatter and silvers are a kick in the pants to fight.

Catching silvers in August after the reds ran up the river over in Bristol Bay was always something to look forward to. You knew when you had a silver salmon on the line.
bmac_aggie18
AG
What were the logistics of goin to Bristol Bay? That's a long ways away from just about everywhere!
EskimoJoe
bmac_aggie18 said:

What were the logistics of goin to Bristol Bay? That's a long ways away from just about everywhere!

first was being born there.

if that isn't an option, fly to Anchorage then get on a flight with Alaska airlines or Peninsula airways (PenAir) to king salmon. plenty of lodges to stay and fish with in the Naknek/King Salmon area. You can go to Katmai National Park and see the grizzlies catching salmon at brooks falls.
FirefightAg
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.