Outdoors
Sponsored by

How do I trace down a renter who has flown the coop?

9,944 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by eric76
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm the landlord and they moved out without written notice owing $1000s.
Cadet05
AG
Use a skip trace service. Usually $50-$100
highvelocity
AG
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
Astrobo
AG
B-1 83 said:

Good luck collecting a dime if they went AWOL on you. Hopefully they did not trash the place too bad.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Spend some time in Flour Bluff and you'll find them.
Gig 'em! '90
B-1 83
AG
Astrobo said:

B-1 83 said:

Good luck collecting a dime if they went AWOL on you. Hopefully they did not trash the place too bad.
The guy is a regional big shot with Chili's. Kid is a Calallen cheerleader. They didn't go far
Astrobo
AG
Sounds like you all ready know where to find them.
B-1 83
AG
Tracking someone down at work gets legally funky. It's their home address me and a constable need to show up at
swampstander
AG
I feel your pain. Had a renter that owed rent for 6 months. I sent her a letter asking her to get out because we were going to turn the property into a vacation home. Ended up having to evict her. She would never answer calls. Never knew when she was there or not. Neighbors told me she would leave a couple big dogs and cats alone in the house every weekend. She would come home Monday then clean up the excrement. House was unlivable when I got in. Had to replace the entire floor. Paint every wall. Antique furniture was urine soaked and had to be tossed. The entire basement was full of her crap. House is in NH.

Bottom line:
Rent:$9000
Eviction : $1400
Junk removal: $2000
Floors/ paint $4000
Furniture/ theft loss: ??
FSGuide
You have their name, DOB SSN from the rental contract? I can help you with a skiptrace database. Email me at Thetexaspi@gmail.com
Post removed:
by user
Goodest Poster
AG
FSGuide said:

You have their name, DOB SSN from the rental contract? I can help you with a skiptrace database. Email me at Thetexaspi@gmail.com

And references.
SMM48
AG
Anything to do with the video shenanigans posted the other day?
FBG_Ag78
STX Ag
AG
B-1 83 said:

Astrobo said:

B-1 83 said:

The guy is a regional big shot with Chili's. Kid is a Calallen cheerleader. They didn't go far

They flee town after the cheerleader vid went viral?
B-1 83
AG
She wasn't one of them.
trouble
AG
FSGuide is good people. Let him help you.
CactusThomas
AG
Big shot at Chili's?

Vince Young?!
trouble
AG
Vince likes Cheesecake Factory
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
trouble said:

Vince likes Cheesecake Factory
Vince also likes pieces of flair. Shiny objects fascinate him apparently.
B-1 83
AG
FSGuide said:

E mail sent
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
slight derail, assuming FSGuide has you taken care of...
how does one get in this situation? I too am a small scale slumlord and while I've been fortunate to have great renters so far, my plan is to begin eviction proceedings on the 6th of the month if I don't have my rent yet. Deposit should take care of that month, maybe it takes 2 months before I can get it re-occupied, but I can't imagine being mad enough to chase down a renter and spend the time getting a judgment against them. If I was that worried about it I would have a landlord policy which should cover lost rent if the house is damaged and unliveable/unrentable. Am I missing something? I know it's tougher to evict renters in some areas than others
B-1 83
AG
You've been lucky. I am the pseudo landlord for an absentee owner. I am paid a small bit for watching over this house. Twice in the past the damages to the house exceeded the deposit. This bunch as been constantly late (paid late fees) and written hot checks. They have also lied about number of pets and shirked the extra deposit. The law is a beotch when dealing with such situations, and "harassment" is easily claimed.
jt2hunt
AG
Even in liberal jp courts you can evict
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That's frustrating, in my mind a couple pictures of the extra animals and paper trail consisting of certified letters (or even just texts) documenting violations should be all the support I need but I may be naive. Sorry for your troubles.
Orko
AG
swampstander said:

I feel your pain. Had a renter that owed rent for 6 months. I sent her a letter asking her to get out because we were going to turn the property into a vacation home. Ended up having to evict her. She would never answer calls. Never knew when she was there or not. Neighbors told me she would leave a couple big dogs and cats alone in the house every weekend. She would come home Monday then clean up the excrement. House was unlivable when I got in. Had to replace the entire floor. Paint every wall. Antique furniture was urine soaked and had to be tossed. The entire basement was full of her crap. House is in NH.

Bottom line:
Rent:$9000
Eviction : $1400
Junk removal: $2000
Floors/ paint $4000
Furniture/ theft loss: ??
New Hampshire!? You didn't expect her to just leave the animals outside, did you?

Kidding.
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
B-1 83
AG
72 hour notice posted yesterday and taken by someone. Dogs still there, and I hope someone is feeding them and letting them out.
B-1 83
AG
UPDATE:
$5-10k of damage in the house after keys were finally relinquished today. They texted me that the keys were in the house and they were out. The stench was gagging. Evidently they HAD kept the dogs in for multiple days. All carpets trashed. Holes in walls, vinyl floor buckled in spots from piss.....it goes on and on
ellebee
B-1 83 said:

UPDATE:
$5-10k of damage in the house after keys were finally relinquished today. They texted me that the keys were in the house and they were out. The stench was gagging. Evidently they HAD kept the dogs in for multiple days. All carpets trashed. Holes in walls, vinyl floor buckled in spots from piss.....it goes on and on

LET'S RUIN THEM!!
FSGuide
ellebee said:

B-1 83 said:

UPDATE:

LET'S RUIN THEM!!

We are trying to find them. Looks like this ain't their first rodeo.
ellebee
Well you just let me know if you need me to set them on fire.
ellebee
Serious question. Does insurance cover this?
B-1 83
AG
Multiple people helping me locate the scum. Social media may be strategically used. I know too many people who knkw too many people. Then there's TexAgs....

Writ of possession about to be obtained. Anyone want a free trampoline?
FSGuide
ellebee said:

Well you just let me know if you need me to set them on fire.

We'll do it together!
BigPuma
AG
B-1 83 said:

Multiple people helping me locate the scum. Social media may be strategically used. I know too many people who knkw too many people. Then there's TexAgs....

Writ of possession about to be obtained. Anyone want a free trampoline?
No one in their right mind should want the liability of a trampoline.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.