Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bourdain Parts Unknown West Texas episode this Sunday

6 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dave99ag
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of his final episodes is in Big Bend and airs Sunday night at 8:00.
https://www.eater.com/2018/10/19/18001446/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-west-texas-marfa-preview
carpe vinum
AG
Thanks for the heads up.
I'll actually watch CNN again for a few minutes.
BenderRodriguez
AG
His show was the only worthwhile thing I've ever seen on CNN.

I'm not surprised he's gone, but despite his problems I enjoyed his work.
carpe vinum
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

His show was the only worthwhile thing I've ever seen on CNN.

I'm not surprised he's gone, but despite his problems I enjoyed his work.
Yep, I enjoyed his shows when I saw them.
Buck Compton
AG
Their Mind-boggling place on this one is Laredo Taco Company inside a Valero..... (or was it a stripes?)
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
12f Mane
AG
Buck Compton said:

Their Mind-boggling place on this one is Laredo Taco Company inside a Valero.....

The barbacoa there is legit
Buck Compton
AG
12f Mane said:

Buck Compton said:

Their Mind-boggling place on this one is Laredo Taco Company inside a Valero.....

The barbacoa there is legit
It is. And the tacos are pretty good. But I would never pretend like I found some honey hole because it's in a gas station. It's a chain restaurant literally all over Texas.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Buck Compton said:

It's a chain restaurant literally all over Texas.

Weird then that I've never heard of it.... since it is "literally" all over Texas.
Buck Compton
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

Buck Compton said:

Weird then that I've never heard of it.... since it is "literally" all over Texas.
If you want to get into a pissing match about the word "literally", you won't win here, bud. There's over 450 location in Texas alone (including 5 within 20 miles of me right now), and they've now started to expand outside Texas, including Pittsburgh and Nashville.
HumbleAg04
AG
15 mins will be spent on liberal talking points about borders, the seperation of patents and kids and how undocumented (illegal!) immigrants are good for our country.

I've always been a Bourdain fan but the last two seasons of his show have been overly politicized.
Potcake
AG
Well, I should have known where the thread would turn. I swear 90% of TA threads get turned into politics.
gif
Potcake said:

Well, I should have known where the thread would turn. I swear 90% of TA threads get turned into politics.

I agree, and it's unfortunate, but it seems like everything in life over the past 2 years has become overly politicized. You couldn't have a conversation on here these days about drinking a glass of water without it turning into how polluted the oceans are.

I've always like Bourdain, so I usually look past the political aspect of the show and salivate at the food, drink and beauty of the sites they visit.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Buck Compton said:

Player To Be Named Later said:

Buck Compton said:

If you want to get into a pissing match about the word "literally", you won't win here, bud. There's over 450 location in Texas alone (including 5 within 20 miles of me right now), and they've now started to expand outside Texas, including Pittsburgh and Nashville.
Jesus, you're a sensitive type aren't you? This wasn't even meant as a trying to be confrontational towards you.

But I guess you can literally take it that way now...... Bud
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Potcake said:

have you ever watched bourdain's show(s)?

despite his political leanings i absolutely love his show, but to act like that post was out of left field when discussing bourdain is comical on your part.
jetch17
AG
Gotta get out west farther than midland soon... alpine/marathon/big bend have me hankerin
ElephantRider
AG
jetch17 said:

Gotta get out west farther than midland soon... alpine/marathon/big bend have me hankerin
Stay south of I-10.
AggieOO
ElephantRider said:

jetch17 said:

Stay south of I-10.

I'd agree except that Guadalupe mountains NP is north of I-10.
ElephantRider
AG
True. I'm just scarred from projects in Ward, Pecos, Reeves, and eastern Culberson counties
96ags
AG
ruddyduck said:

Potcake said:

have you ever watched bourdain's show(s)?

despite his political leanings i absolutely love his show, but to act like that post was out of left field when discussing bourdain is comical on your part.
Agreed. He even spent the entire last segment of this show talking about how stupid a wall would be.

JeepWaveEarl
AG
It's real meat I do know that. A coworker once bit into a barbacoa taco from Laredo at Stripes and a cow tooth cut his gums about 3" long. Got a $4,500 settlement. LOL
SteveBott
AG
Very good show. It bent left like all his do but really like how they showed the canyons and how stupid a wall would be in BiG Bend. I thought they did a good job of showing out west Texas culture.
MouthBQ98
AG
Great. Now a flood of hipsters will head there shortly and gum up my trip out there.

Well, not really. Their Honda's and Subaru's cant get where I am going.
dave99ag
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Great. Now a flood of hipsters will head there shortly and gum up my trip out there.
Have you been to Marfa and to a less extent, Alpine, lately? They are definitely there as it's not a long drive from Austin.

You'll be fine where you're going though. Same reason we chose a place outside of Terlingua / Terlingua Ranch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.