Outdoors
Sponsored by

if i win the MegaMillions - y'all are all invited

3,266 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hehateme1
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty sure if I win the big lottery tonight, this is the place I'm buying. Y'all are all invited...

http://hallhall.com/property-for-sale/colorado/piedra-valley-ranch/a09i000001rhr3b/

This place is ridiculously expensive, but man that looks just about perfect.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
ive already made up my mind that im going to win, sorry to dash your dreams on sharp rocks
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Racer X
AG
If I win, y'all are invited to the pants party
drummer0415
AG
Thanks for the invite. I will gladly come hunt your animals and drink your expensive booze.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Damn generous of you to extend the invite. When I win tonight you mf'ers aren't invited. Sorry.
Swarely
What do you think Jeff's commission on that saw would be?
giddings_ag_06
AG
A reduced percentage, a set fee, or a few truck loads of weed (since it's colorado).
LRHF
AG
Ok. Let me get my spreadsheet started!

700+ cows grazing
X big game hunts
No real guided fishing
Perhaps a few weddings in the summer

I don't think this is going to work very well for $46mm!
BrazosDog02
AG
Question about odds: wouldn't one want to play this thing the forst time out of the gate after a big win?

Seems like your odds of winning a much smaller jackpot are better than way. In other words, I'd be more apt to play a game where I have a 50% chance of winning 100 bucks over a 10% chance of winning $1000.

I don't play the litter so I have no clue how it works.
chris1515
AG
Your odds of winning are exactly the same regardless of the size of the jackpot. It's just the potential winnings that increase. Playing immediately after a large jackpot is won would give you the same odds, but for winning a much smaller prize.
DallasAggies01
AG
chris1515 said:

Your odds of winning are exactly the same regardless of the size of the jackpot. It's just the potential winnings that increase. Playing immediately after a large jackpot is won would give you the same odds, but for winning a much smaller prize.

This! Odds are 1 in 302 million for every mega millions draw. So with a prize this big you could buy every combination and pay taxes and come out ahead. You just have to hope no one else gets a winning number either because once you start splitting the pot your out money.

I heard today that the odds of winning the mega and power ball are 1 in 88 quadrillion. That's 15 zeroes.
BrazosDog02
AG
Ah...yeah. Somehow I got in my head your odds were dependent on the number of people entering but that's not true. I guess what does change is my odds of having to share it if I win. Sorry....odds and statistics are not my strong suit.

So all I need to do is get 302 million dollars and hope no one else hits it. Sweet.
jpb1999
AG
I'm in!

Spane Bohem

OasisMan
AG
Thank you
MookieBlaylock
AG
For 46 million you could hunt everyday around the world for the rest of your life

That's a rental
atmdds03
AG
Thanks!
rather be fishing
AG
Won a net of $4. See you guys at the bank.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
What does change as it goes up and people enter is your odds of being the ONLY jackpot winner decrease. With these large jackpots you get so many people buying and your odds of winning the jackpot are actually better than your odds of not matching someone else's ticket. And that's not exaggeration, I did the math.
lazuras_dc
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Question about odds: wouldn't one want to play this thing the forst time out of the gate after a big win?

Seems like your odds of winning a much smaller jackpot are better than way. In other words, I'd be more apt to play a game where I have a 50% chance of winning 100 bucks over a 10% chance of winning $1000.

I don't play the litter so I have no clue how it works.

Doesn't work like that. Also I'm pretty sure statistically 10% for 1,000 is the better play here.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Also, fun fact since we are talking statistics, if you ignore potential for split jackpots, the mega millions is now about at a point where it starts making statistical sense to buy a ticket. Somewhere between 1.6B and 1.7B is where the expected value of a ticket breaks $2.
Pro Sandy
AG
Buy multiple tickets of the same number so you get more of the jackpot.

A lady once had a dream to buy a 2nd ticket for the lotto. She won and got 2/3rds of the pot instead of just half.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/double-dreamin/
45-70Ag
AG
If i win, the first fifteen posters who pm me, I'll give half a million dollars to.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
You guys still have a chance. I didn't win.
HalifaxAg
AG
Nobody won...

Do I smell a group buy? amiright?
agrams
AG
god help the trees if I win! I. gonna cut down every big mesquite I can find!
khkman22
AG
EyeGuy might be able to retire if I win.
khkman22
AG
Pro Sandy said:

Buy multiple tickets of the same number so you get more of the jackpot.

A lady once had a dream to buy a 2nd ticket for the lotto. She won and got 2/3rds of the pot instead of just half.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/double-dreamin/
I bet the other winner was pissed.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I would take any ranch listed on that site.
suburban cowboy
AG
Bought 5
Goodest Poster
AG
HalifaxAg said:

Nobody won...

Imagine the meltdown 2 hours west with a 1.6B Texags group buy win. I seem to recall over half of the winners have come from Pennsylvania. Maybe wrong, not important enough to look up...
chris1515
AG
HalifaxAg said:

Nobody won...

I put one of those together at work occasionally. It's a pain in the arse. And that's with everyone in one building and what I consider a pretty good system in place.

It drives home the futility of playing when you buy $250 in tickets and win $20-40.
Cancelled
AG
I'd buy a huge property out west and reintroduce native grasses and grow a huge buffalo herd.
Hehateme1
queso1 said:

I'd buy a huge property out west and reintroduce native grasses and grow a huge buffalo herd.
Me too, and then I'd roller skate in it.

Roger Miller is full of crap.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.