Outdoors
Sponsored by

Cape Cana, Dominican Republic

1,222 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiebrother33
No Le Hace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the best fishing charter that targets billfish in Cape Cana area of the Dominican Republic?
LRHF
AG
Check out Dhara Sport Fishing (Facebook page). Not sure if they will be in DR when you are. Be careful, there is a ton of crappy fishing excursions in DR. Don't forget that the DR is next to a big drop off in the ocean, can be really rough seas! I try this game once every 20 years then realize how much I don't like big oceans, expensive boats and trolling. The crew of the Dhara was good, boat is in great shape and the captain spoke English. We hooked one blue marlin (rugged for white) then caught and landed a single white marlin. Good luck, you have 100% of my DR fishing knowledge!
No Le Hace
AG
Thank you for the information. I booked a trip and will hope for the best. Unfortunately I booked before reading your post.
Hewey Calloway
AG
We used mikes marina and did really well. All 3 of us landed sail fish and dorado. Plus one wahoo and a couple barracuda.
tamc93
AG
Sort of hijacking the thread for something similar in Punta Cana .
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
No Le Hace
AG
We ended up using Fishing Afficiandos out of Cape Cana marina. We had four hookups on a 4 hour afternoon trip and caught 3 Mahi Mahi. The crew was good and the seas were 8 feet or more. Luckily no one in our party was seasick. Another boat hooked a large blue marlin, but lost it close to the boat.
aggiebrother33
We fished in Punta Cana, and seas were 8's at 4-5 all day long. Miserable, hope you guys have better luck than we did. Our whole crew was sick as a dog
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.