Outdoors
Sponsored by

Place to watch football around Terlingua or Presidio?

2,954 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieOO
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm contemplating running out to Big Bend NP/Ranch next week. Is there a bar or place in Presidio or Terlingua where I can catch ESPN and watch the MIss St game? I've been to Terlingua before and figure there might be something there, but Presidio might be closer to where I will be.
valverde03
AG
The resort at Lajitas has a great bar with TVs.
BenFiasco14
AG
Sorry, I'm not a LOLpoor so I'll be watching the game in Rome
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
MouthBQ98
AG
Too many people, plus it'll be, what, a midnight start?
Secolobo
AG
La Kiva
Can I go to sleep Looch?
I Am A Critic
I can't imagine going to one of the most beautiful areas in the state and being worried about watching mediocre football.
MouthBQ98
AG
It's a 6pm game. Not much to see after dark out there, except the stars will be out all night. I'll be backcountry camping and 4x4 driving and hiking most of the time. Possibly might not see another human for a couple of days.

I'll find a place I can watch the game and the sunset with a cold beer.
Canyon99
I Am A Critic said:

I can't imagine going to one of the most beautiful areas in the state and being worried about watching mediocre football.

Got damn he really is a critic.
tx1c
AG
I Am A Critic said:

I was in Big Bend for the Kentucky game. I survived just fine. If you're lucky, you may not even find out the results until after you leave the area.
I did manage to finally watch it on dvr earlier this week.
OilFieldIRI
S
If your close to Presidio just head on over to Ojinaga and watch the game. My buddy Epi has a kick ass restaurant where the game will be on. Relax, kick your feet up, and tell him IRI sent you
98Ag99Grad
AG
Secolobo said:

La Kiva
they have tv now? I was there right after the remodel and don't remember seeing one. The resort is the only place I can think of. I'm not sure if the Starlight in Terlingua has a tv or not.
dave99ag
AG
Harry's Tinaja in Alpine will have the game on, but that's a good drive if you're staying down in the park. You could always head into Terlingua and stream on your phone if La Kiva doesn't have it. Don't think Starlight has a TV.

We were down there last weekend at our place. Opted to not worry about the game and enjoy the quiet, and well the storm that came through.

YellowPot_97
AG
High Sierra bar has a tv with cable. I've watched games there.
MouthBQ98
AG
Ok, I've stayed at the hotel there and been to that bar before.
AnScAggie
AG
Just buy this and watch it there.
https://www.agweb.com/mobile/article/bankruptcy-forces-37000-acre-texas-ranch-sale-worth-52-million-/
Scriffer
AG
I think El Dorado just off 170 is where we stayed several years ago. Pretty dumpy then, but it had a bar with decent post-four days of camping food and TVs with bowl games on.

I'm jealous. Only been out there once, and I think about it all the time
dave99ag
AG
Scriffer said:

I'm jealous. Only been out there once, and I think about it all the time
You know who to call if you want to go shoot things and disappear from the world for a few days.
MouthBQ98
AG
Any idea about carrying in my car out there? I know the rules in state and national parks are squirrelly and that's a zone border patrol works pretty good. I figure it is actually fairly safe as remote as it is, but I hate to be unprepared.
Hewey Calloway
AG
I got pulled over for speeding in the park. It's easy to do when the limit is 45. I had my pistol in the truck and told the ranger I did when he asked. He didn't ask any further questions about it so I guess it's ok. I don't have a chl.

I always kept it in my truck except at night when we had a campsite near the river miles away from the next camp.
Hewey Calloway
AG
Where's your place at Dave? I miss it out there. I need to get back.
YellowPot_97
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Any idea about carrying in my car out there? I know the rules in state and national parks are squirrelly and that's a zone border patrol works pretty good. I figure it is actually fairly safe as remote as it is, but I hate to be unprepared.
no different than anywhere else in Texas. NPs have to follow the firearm laws of the states they are in. carry without worry.
tmaggies
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

no different than anywhere else in Texas. NPs have to follow the firearm laws of the states they are in. carry without worry.

Now for the arrogant rich snob in Rome.......he's screwed
dave99ag
AG
Hewey Calloway said:

Where's your place at Dave? I miss it out there. I need to get back.

We're about halfway between Alpine and Terlingua. Search the OB for "West Texas Wildlife Guzzler" and you can see what we've been doing out there. Land is cheap in those parts, so we bought a little bit last year. It's amazing!
Hewey Calloway
AG
That's definitely some unique country. I worked on the o2 ranch right next door to you all through high school.
dave99ag
AG
I laugh at the size of our little place when compared to the O2 or even Black Mesa. Still get great views though.
AggieOO
Camp at k-bar. Stream the game at your campsite. 4 bars of 4G at that site.

You can hike out to banta shut-in from your campsite. One of the best hidden treasures in the national park.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.