Outdoors
Sponsored by

Very Random - Bill Dance/Jerry Reed

11,614 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ayto Siks
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just randomly thinking of this tonight. Couldn't find the video online.

But has anyone ever seen this from Bills Bloopers? Jerry catches a big bass and Bill releases it without him knowing?

I grew up watching this on repeat. Hilarious stuff.

Sorry for the random pointles thread. Just wondering if anyone has seen this.
TwoMarksHand
AG
I love Bill dance bloopers
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Some of the best videos! It's nice to see I am not the only moron who has lost poles, broken rods, etc.

Even the professionals make some funny mistakes.

The knee to the hitch hits close to home
Wodanaz
AG
Yeah, I remember. His bloopers, Hank Parker with his Kelly Tires, & Roland Martin snagging monsters out of Lake Okeechobee were a staple of my childhood

Some of my best memories growing up are my dad entering every contest in the BASS magazines for a chance to fish with the B.A.S.S. Champion of your choice. He'd always give me the option to choose who, but no matter who I chose, would always convince me that Bill was our choice. Loved Sunday mornings on TNN!
AUAg92
AG
Man thanks for posting those! I'm going to have to watch them again because I was laughing so hard the 1st time. Some of the most hilarious videos I have ever seen.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I realized it was too long since I had watched them. My wife is wondering why the hell I am laughing so hard.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Some of the best videos! It's nice to see I am not the only moron who has lost poles, broken rods, etc.

Even the professionals make some funny mistakes.

The knee to the hitch hits close to home
Most of those have happened to me at one time or another... the hitch to the shin sends shivers down my spine every time I see it. Unfortunately this has happened to me more than once.

As an aside... good thing most of these accidents happened pre cellphone otherwise he'd been really pissed.
AggieChemist
AG
As an aside, I caught a current episode of Bill Dance on TV a couple weeks ago. Damn. Bill got old. He looks and sounds rough. I wonder if he's had a stroke.

Dude is still out there fishing and getting paid to do it, so keep on, keepin' on, Bill.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Watched Bill on TNN when I was a kid. Didnt understand it was all edited.

At the time, i thought Damn this dude is good. He never gets a birds nest, drops **** in the water, hits a stump etc. Made me feel like i sucked at fishing and the "pros" really were better.

Also remember watching "fishing texas" and some other show on PBS from up north where they were always fishing for pike and walleye which i considered irrelevant to my interests but entertaining nevertheless.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Fishing show almost, perhaps did, kill all my confidence in fishing. I could NEVER do what those dudes did. They would get me so pumped I would go to the lake in any weather so high on fish knowledge gained from watching that THIS TIME I knew I would not fail, NOT! Spent more money than I care to remember on stuff they advertised, they were GREAT salesmen! Fun to watch, also.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I don't think I ever caught a fish on my banjo minnow...
dave99ag
AG
I killed it with the Flying Lure when I was a kid and bank fishing on various creeks and tanks in the Hill Country. Pretty sure it was advertised during these fishing shows.

agwrestler
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I don't think I ever caught a fish on my banjo minnow...
Ditto, but I caught a nice 2 pounder from the bank at Gibbons using their hook/rubberband/nose screw with a black/chartreuse grub.
CSTXAg92
AG
One of my favorites... his expression makes me laugh out loud every time!!

Salt of the water
AG
Real sensitive! Love that one too.
Ag83
AG
Still think the funniest is when the snake falls out of the tree into his lap. Never seen the Jerry Reed one though.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Orlando Wilson had the best theme song
Ayto Siks
The banjo minnow is one of my all-time favorites. It has the perfect buoyancy. The helicopter lure on the other hand...

Loved watching these shows then going to the worm bar at Academy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.