Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texas Unclaimed Property

22,282 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time to check up again.
Claim unclaimed property

My son has some money coming.
Mother and brother also.

USA search by state
EDITED to add link to Nationwide, but by state, searches.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Who can claim a deceased person's property? My grandpa has a bunch out there...
Yesterday
AG
Nothing.
AZAG08
AG
Apparently I have $50
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
TwoMarksHand said:

I think they ask you how you are related at some point. They may ask for proof of it. Good luck.

I send a list from this site in to my boss every year and he says that for a business it can be more involved.
Asking for invoices and such.

Most of what I see are old bank accounts, unclaimed deposits, royalties if you are lucky and small insurance stuff.

Contact info on site with phone number
Texanick
AG
Is this legitimate?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
TwoMarksHand said:

You need death cert and probated will I believe. Call the number on the website. They were surprisingly helpful for a gubmint entity.
KaneIsAble
AG
Yep. I got $900 back a couple of years ago from a HSA my company had signed me up for.
Agof88
AG
Two for my brother, two for my sister,one for my mom and one for my wife all less than $100 each

My dad claimed one for my deceased grandparents last year and it was pretty easy and straightforward.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
How long did it take to have the funding provided once paperwork submitted? I submitted over a month ago and no updates.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
La Vernia_Ag06 said:

How long did it take to have the funding provided once paperwork submitted? I submitted over a month ago and no updates.
I nearly forgot about it the last time I actually did this (2012-ish). I would not expect more than 2 months.
But both were very straight forward things did not require a lot of supporting material to claim.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
La Vernia_Ag06 said:

It took them about 2 months to get me my money.
MouthBQ98
AG
$27 apparently. Doesn't say what from though.
Morpholino
AG
Just claimed $400 for my mom. They emailed her and said that she will receive payment within 10 business days.
oscar9
AG
Have right around $200. One being an insurance prem refund and stubhub. Don't have a clue what the stubhub is. Giving it a shot though.
Lachette
AG
How do you claim for your parents? I guess I am not sure which "Claimant Relationship" to pick.
cledus6150
AG
Just claimed $93.99, don't know who it is from it didn't say. But it was just posted in 2018 and had an address I havn't used in years that was back from my college days.
JavierC2005
I have what the bird left on the pump handle
cledus6150
AG
Found my grandfathers un-cashed royalties check
raidernarizona
MouthBQ98 said:

My name and last address is on here with over $2,000. Holder Name and Property Type are not listed. Reported in 2018.

What on earth could this be? Last time this came up on the OB, I found $40 for my wife, but it was from an ISP or something similar.
Astrobo
AG
Mine was undisclosed also, but only for $93 bucks. I filled out the form, they send me an email saying they would mail a check to me within 10 days. Seems legit. The source was never disclosed so far. I figure mine is a water bill deposit or something where we did not provide a forwarding address maybe.
raidernarizona
Quote:

The named Claimant hereby certifies that this claim for property presumed abandoned is valid and just, that all statements herein are true and correct, and that upon payment of this claim said Claimant will indemnify and hold harmless the State of Texas, the Comptroller and its employees from any damages, claims, or losses of any kind resulting from the payment of the property to the Claimant.

This is the part that has me concerned with claiming this large of an amount
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Just found quite a bit of $ for my deceased Aunt. Sent to my cousin so she can claim it.
Found some for my niece and sister in law too.

cledus6150
AG
Mine was for 93.99 and undisclosed as well and posted in 2018 to an old address. All I can figure is either an old rental agency or old utilities deposit. Either way it said I would have my money within 10 days as well.
MTTANK
AG
Wife has about 3k or so! Not the thousand acre ranch I was hoping for, but I'll take it.
GIG 'EM
Pignorant
AG
Got one for $83
CanyonAg77
AG
Wow. An uncle's estate had over $10K coming. I let his granddaughter know.
nonameag99
raidernarizona said:

MouthBQ98 said:

My name and last address is on here with over $2,000. Holder Name and Property Type are not listed. Reported in 2018.

What on earth could this be? Last time this came up on the OB, I found $40 for my wife, but it was from an ISP or something similar.
Had any hospital stays or babies born?

when I had my first kid I somehow overpaid about $2k. Over a year later I get a check in the mail for that amount and I was presently surprised.
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
raidernarizona
No sir. Had a vasectomy, but that was well south of that number. I'm really curious what it could be.

ETA: says the claim has been approved and should be paid in 10 days. Next question, do I tell the wife, or do I just buy those DSD decoys and shotgun I've been wanting???
AggieOO
$60 for me.

found my parents $650
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
There's over $6k under my first and last name with no supporting details expecting a 2017 filing date. Impossible to affirm my claim is valid and just based on no information, per their disclaimer.
Aggieangler93
AG
Found someone owes my Grampa $2400. Hope we can get the paperwork in order to claim it.

Also found about $1000 scattered out over my Dad and uncles.

None for me or my wife I don't think.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
putu
AG
Nothing for me.

too bad i'm not related to someone with the same last name that has over $20K listed!
Centerpole90
AG
$26.22 Insurance Refund.

Funny, they can find me to send the bill, can't find me for my refund.
Burdizzo
AG
cledus6150 said:

Found my grandfathers un-cashed royalties check

I didn't find anything for me, but I saw some guy with the same last name as me in a small West Texas town has about 20 checks from and O&G company for the same amount of about $23.

Hope he gets it back.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.