Outdoors
Sponsored by

outdoor grill recommendations...

2,177 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bird Poo
CapCity12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the need for a new outdoor grill. My Weber I bought in 2000 is still going, but looking a little ratty here and there. We also just built a new deck/patio so want something a bit bigger.

We grill a lot (family of 4), so this will get used 3-4 times per week. Prefer gas, and would like a side burner. This one is not a built in, but free-standing/moveable. I would want it to max out at about 84 inches wide, given the space I have.

I'd like to get the best bang for the buck, keeping $1000. Clearly my current Weber lasted 18 years, so another one with this durability would be great.

Bird Poo
AG
You answered your own question. Weber is the way to go.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Weber. Genesis
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
AggieChemist
AG
Best bang for your buck at $1000 is a Big Green Egg, Kamodo Joe or similar.

It's not gas, but they heat up quickly.

Time to grow up and get a man's grill. "When I became a man, I put away childish things..."
redass1876
AG
Weber was my original thought. Went Pellet with a searing burner

Heats well, temp control, option to use it as a smoker if you want to be lazy
redass1876
AG
And waiting on pellet ***** post now from the Neanderthals

As a grill amazing. As a smoker, lazy and not as good as stick
Aggiewes
AG
redass1876 said:

Is that the Camp Chef Woodwind? Reviews so far? Looking to get one in the next few weeks.
CharlieBrown17
AG
So when are you putting away the sticks and string for a mans choice of death deliverance made from carbon fiber and rifle like accuracy?
drummer0415
AG
Cry once, buy once, brother.

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-7370001-Stainless-Steel-769-Square-Inch-Liquid-Propane/dp/B003OBUE5I/ref=asc_df_B003OBUE5I/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167141575819&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17816387820816593957&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1026481&hvtargid=pla-274380339249&psc=1&th=1
maverick12
AG
AggieChemist said:

Best bang for your buck at $1000 is a Big Green Egg, Kamodo Joe or similar.

It's not gas, but they heat up quickly.

Time to grow up and get a man's grill. "When I became a man, I put away childish things..."
Taste the meat, not the heat. - Hank Hill
FIDO*98*
AG
My 36" Blackstone Griddle is getting a helluva lot more use than my grill these days
cr
redass1876 said:

And waiting on pellet ***** post now from the Neanderthals

As a grill amazing. As a smoker, lazy and not as good as stick

I recently bought a pellet smoker. Outstanding!

Im smoking a whole lot more than I did back in the day with my offset because its so darn easy.

I've smoked 3 chickens, baby ribs, a butt, and a brisket thus far. Just as good imo.

I tossed the brisket on around 10pm, went to sleep, and at noon the next day, it was done.

CapCity12thMan
AG
I will likely get a smoker separate at some point. My only thing about gas is that my time is extremely limited so I don't want to do the whole charcoal lighting/wait process. I like to decide to grill and be grilling in 10 minutes.

cr
CapCity12thMan said:

I will likely get a smoker separate at some point. My only thing about gas is that my time is extremely limited so I don't want to do the whole charcoal lighting/wait process. I like to decide to grill and be grilling in 10 minutes.

A pellet smoker is the same. Turn on, set temp, and you are cooking in 10 minutes.

I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other, just providing some info.

I have a Weber gas grill too. That's the only brand I'll ever buy. They are simply the best.
jammer262
Aggiewes said:

redass1876 said:

Is that the Camp Chef Woodwind? Reviews so far? Looking to get one in the next few weeks.

I love mine. We use it at least twice a week. Generally will grill something on a week night and smoke something on the weekend.
Allen76
AG
Aggiewes said:

redass1876 said:

Damn Texags OB..... I had "decided" on Camp Chef Woodwind, then I saw somebody post about Rec Tec "Stampede".... so I really like that one, but now started looking at the larger Rec Tec "Bull".

Now I am up to $1200.00 (for the Rec Tec Bull, and thinking I need to back off and go way down in my expectations and price.
Bird Poo
AG
Rec tec has smaller versions that are cheaper. I have the 680 and smoked 3 briskets at the same time. Probably more smoker than your average weekender needs but I would definitely look at rec tec's machines.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.