Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texas Hunting Licenses Go on Sale Today

2,423 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jmazz
HookThis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buy online https://www.txfgsales.com/
schmellba99
AG
Welp, there goes $200. The federal duck stamp price got me this year though for some reason.
saltydog13
AG
What is it this year?
ought1ag
AG
best decision I ever made was borrowing some $$ and getting a super combo lifetime license several years ago before the price went up.........dad told me he was going to get it for me when I was about 8, but couldnt stand the though of spending $200
schmellba99
AG
saltydog13 said:

What is it this year?
$28.50 I think
cledus6150
AG
My parents decided to by both my brother and me lifetime hunting and fishing license on out respective 16th birthdays. They said we will always think of them when it comes that time of the year.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
AgBQ-00
AG
Public land permit?
LEJ
APH is public land peemt
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Anyone else not seeing migratory game bird endorsement once they log in online to purchase? Or am I crazy?
putu
AG
Academy has an offer for free hunting license with select gun purchase...just in case you needed a new gun.
https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=_Free%20Texas%20Hunting%20License_2018&intcmp=FW201828_20180815_Free_Texas_Super_Combo_License|HP_PR06_2x0_P02
FatZilla
AG
Dont forget to add HIP to your cart.
saltydog13
AG
2 licenses maybe?
schmellba99
AG
jayelbee said:

Curious how you get up to $200. Duck, super combo, and APH only gets you to about $130. What am I forgetting?
I buy points towards some of the hunts too - waterfowl adventure, exotic safari adventure, lifetime license drawing, etc. Plus a donation to Hunters for the Hungry and the Veterans. Comes out to just shy of $200.
Post removed:
by user
AZAG08
AG
putu said:

Academy has an offer for free hunting license with select gun purchase...just in case you needed a new gun.
https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=_Free%20Texas%20Hunting%20License_2018&intcmp=FW201828_20180815_Free_Texas_Super_Combo_License|HP_PR06_2x0_P02
You mean just in case you need a license
jmazz
AG
Proud owner of a free hunting/fishing license now.
Aggieangler93
AG
I see your point, which is basically that you could have invested the money and come out ahead? For me, my lifetime combination license purchase was based on a decision like this:

Paid
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lifetime License Price $1000 (at the time I purchased it.)

Future Cost
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Age when purchased: 34
Years remaining before hunt/fish for reduced up to age 64: 30@$65 = $1950 cost
(and this is now $68 per year....which I am not factoring in)
Years hunting/fishing after age 64: 21@$32 = $672 cost
total cost if paid out over time (assuming no further increases in price....yeah right!!!) -----> $2622

Savings ($2622 - $1000) == $1622. Even if I die at 65, Lord willing that is not the case, I am still up $1000. I knew I would never live outside of Texas, so no issue there. Plus, 90% of the time, when you get checked by a warden, and you show them a lifetime combo, they are much friendlier to you than the other folks around. They realize you are probably not the one they need to be looking at for a violation.

Now, my lifetime CCA membership was not as good a deal in the long run, but it came with an engraved AR-15, so that made it an easier decision!!!

If you are telling me the stock market would have turned $1000 into $2622 in 31 years, you are going to need to realize that no one has fee free stocks, and I would have lost 30% of the $1000 back when the last crash happened. Now, maybe you are still correct. But to me, it is one of the best purchases I have made.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
flashplayer
AG
Lester Freamon said:

Anyone else not seeing migratory game bird endorsement once they log in online to purchase? Or am I crazy?

Same here. I'm not seeing any endorsements, including archery
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Ok just making sure I wasn't seeing things wrong.
flashplayer
AG
Lester Freamon said:

Ok just making sure I wasn't seeing things wrong.

OK I think I figured it out. If you log back in and click on the sales button, you'll be able to go back to the hunting sale items and then magically everything is there. It just wasn't there for me on the initial login when I went straight to the hunting button and clicked on it. Weird glitch.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
FatZilla said:

Worth repeating! Please make sure you do this if you plan on hunting migratory birds.
flashplayer
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

FatZilla said:

Worth repeating! Please make sure you do this if you plan on hunting migratory birds.

For me it added automatically when I added the migratory bird endorsement
EFE
AG
Did mine today, and don't forget to add your ribeyes of the sky stamp for free.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Weird, I came back later and same thing. Will try again tomorrow.
tamc93
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I see your point, which is basically that you could have invested the money and come out ahead? For me, my lifetime combination license purchase was based on a decision like this:

Paid
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lifetime License Price $1000 (at the time I purchased it.)

To add, one of the other perks when I bought mine and my son's was that if you move out of state you can still come back and hunt as a resident for free.

Still worth it IMO
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Post removed:
by user
jmazz
AG
Great minds think alike. I got the same free .308!
Robs ducks
I finally got my VA disability up' to 50%. Going forward they are free.
Arthur Stilwell
Went to Academy to get the hunting + all water combo license and the cashier kept on insisting that I need the Super Combo which includes the 5 endorsements. He did not know that there's a combo option without the endorsements for $60 as oppose to $68. I had to point to that option on the screen and tell him to select it.

It wasn't a very pleasant experience.
jmazz
AG
Should've just bought the $330 license with free gun as noted above.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.