Outdoors
Sponsored by

EuroOptic Tikka T3 Clearance

18,898 Views | 167 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BrazosDog02
ConstructionAg01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Euro Optic is clearing out their supply of Tikka T3s at some ridiculous prices. $359 for a T3 Lite Compact in .243 Win, for example. T3 Hunter (wood stock) in .270 WSM for $458.

Euro Optic Tikka T3 sale

I'm trying to invent a reason to buy something, but haven't come up with one yet. Still working on it though...

Oh, the email said the first 500 customers who purchase get a free Badlands backpack. Email arrived at 11:20am today.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Damn bro...and here I am trying like hell to reduce expenses.
BlueSmoke
LSB_2002
AG
WOW! Looks like a steal!

Any experience with any of these?
highvelocity
AG
hmmm perhaps it is finally time to get a 22-250
MAROON
AG
Well I wasn't in the market for a rifle.....but I now own a Tikka 3 Forest in 25-06...also comes with a "free" Badlands Tenacity backpack (no idea if that is worth anything).

Damn - looks like I'm now in the market for a scope.......paging EyeGuy.
PFG
AG
Phew. Saved.

If they had a compact 308 for under $400, I'd be buying.

Great rifles, and those of you buying a 243 - My T3 hammers the 95 BTip. Great guns.
BrazosDog02
AG
Ugh ... good deal.
But I hate the damn safety on these.

I'm a three position safety guy so that's my excuse.
RebelE Infantry
AG
I definitely shouldn't have clicked that link. I thought "they certainly won't have one in 6.5x55SE with a wood stock." I was wrong.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
MAROON said:

Well I wasn't in the market for a rifle.....but I now own a Tikka 3 Forest in 25-06...also comes with a "free" Badlands Tenacity backpack (no idea if that is worth anything).

Damn - looks like I'm now in the market for a scope.......paging EyeGuy.
So, should we be looking at something cerakoted green to match?
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
LEJ
Are these particular rifles made in America? Is this how you "virtue signal? Both serious questions.
tmaggie50
AG
I have a tikka T3 .270 and love it. Very light. Straight shooting (unless I'm shooting it)
kcag96
AG
6.5 x 55 SE or 7mm-08?
Cibalo
nothing in left hand so my money is safe
TwoMarksHand
AG
kcag96 said:

6.5 x 55 SE or 7mm-08?

Probably 7mm-08, due to ammo availability. I think
SWCBonfire
AG
7-08 if you want to go to academy and buy a box of bullets.

6.5x55 if you want a wider range of bullet weights. And ammo ranges from dirt cheap to $$$.
Credible Source
AG
Cibalo said:

I thought so too, but then I have two boys that are right handed..
ConstructionAg01
AG
These rifles are made by Sako in Finland. Imported by Beretta.

My experience with them is that overall machining and tolerances are second to none in the factory rifle market. The action will be silky smooth, the trigger will be light and crisp, and the rifle will shoot sub-MOA out of the box.

If you send a Tikka to a custom gunsmith they will most likely recommend leaving the factory trigger installed and they will likely not have to square and true the action. The action and trigger are hard to improve upon.

The composite stocks are nothing special and don't match the quality of the barreled actions. The new T3X line improved the composite stocks and is the reason the T3s are being cleared out for the past year or better.
MAROON
AG
Cibalo said:

there is a LH .300 WSM available.
SWCBonfire
AG
I wanted a T3 hunter in 6.5x55 years ago but could never find one... eventually found a winchester model 70 featherlite in 6.5x55.

The T3's are sweet rifles. The .243 version in particular I bet is a pleasant rifle to own and shoot. Someone should buy these up before I'm tempted.

They also make a "battue" style rifle for hunting driven game with open sights which seem cool. Not as cool as a Blaser maybe, but cool enough.
MAROON
AG
ConstructionAg01 said:

These rifles are made by Sako in Finland. Imported by Beretta.

My experience with them is that overall machining and tolerances are second to none in the factory rifle market. The action will be silky smooth, the trigger will be light and crisp, and the rifle will shoot sub-MOA out of the box.

If you send a Tikka to a custom gunsmith they will most likely recommend leaving the factory trigger installed and they will likely not have to square and true the action. The action and trigger are hard to improve upon.

The composite stocks are nothing special and don't match the quality of the barreled actions. The new T3X line improved the composite stocks and is the reason the T3s are being cleared out for the past year or better.
thanks - The Forest models are shown as having walnut stocks.
rednecked
AG
Cibalo said:

same here! I have a left handed Tikka in .30-06 and love it. It's a straight up elk killer!
BrazosDog02
AG
SWCBonfire said:

I wanted a T3 hunter in 6.5x55 years ago but could never find one... eventually found a winchester model 70 featherlite in 6.5x55.

The T3's are sweet rifles. The .243 version in particular I bet is a pleasant rifle to own and shoot. Someone should buy these up before I'm tempted.

They also make a "battue" style rifle for hunting driven game with open sights which seem cool. Not as cool as a Blaser maybe, but cool enough.
How does the TIkka T3 compare to the Mod 70? I guess I was under the impression that a model 70 would be far superior in terms of quality and fit/finish.

But...perhaps I am wrong. Any thoughts on this? MSRP are similar.
PFG
AG
I can't comment on fit and finish of the wood vs wood of Tikka vs Winchester, but I can say that the action is (IMO) much nicer on the Tikka. Super smooth.
BrazosDog02
AG
What is the draw of a .222, .22-250, and .25-06 when you have 7mm-08 and .30 cal variants?

Serious question.
MAROON
AG
always wanted a 25-06. Already own a 7mm-08. Rifle is cheap.
arrow
AG
I'd like to buy the T3 Lite in .223. It would make a perfect trainer rifle for me and my kids.
BrazosDog02
AG
WTF do I use a .25-06 for? I need to be able to explain this to the wife. I already used the 'Tremors' and 'investment' excuse.

At this point I'm down to "i don't have this caliber yet".
Cibalo
yeah I see that now. it didn't show up with the left hand filter selected.

But looking at the other T3 Hunter rifles the LH model costs a lot more

Right hand:
.270 WSM
List $748
Sale $458

Left Hand:
.300 WSM
List $878
Sale $728

https://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-hunter-rifles.aspx
texrover91
AG
Is the Forest set up for high rings exclusively?

I'd like a 7mm-08 or 243 but wouldn't run it with a large objective/high Rings
MTTANK
AG
Does OB have any recs on best all around rifle on sale here with affordable ammo? Also any recs on one of these to get my 6yo daughter started?
GIG 'EM
putu
AG
i'm leaning towards the .243 for my son.
BrazosDog02
AG
MTTANK said:

Does OB have any recs on best all around rifle on sale here with affordable ammo? Also any recs on one of these to get my 6yo daughter started?
Standby for suggestions from .222 to .300 Win Mag. My blind ass biased opinion:

All Around: .30-06 (ammo availability and pricing)
Kiddo: .223/.243 - again, garden variety availability and cost.

SteveBott
AG
I am seriously about buy one of these. Dumb question is there a web site listing FFL? Need one on this

also would the local Academy act as my FFL?
MAROON
AG
SteveBott said:

I am seriously about buy one of these. Dumb question is there a web site listing FFL? Need one on this

also would the local Academy act as my FFL?
I think EyeGuy does it.

I get mine done at Lone Star Defense & Arms - 8314 Long Point Rd, Houston, TX 77055

It's near my office and I've never had an issue with them...and they're cheap ($15)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.