Outdoors
Sponsored by

Give me a little help?

1,242 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BO297
TurboVelo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aaa
skelso
AG
Penske truck Rental rents tractors and trailers. I have only rented dry vans and reefers from them but I'm betting they have flat beds as well.

If you are willing to hire a truck and driver, I have some contact info forbyou.
TurboVelo
AG
I'd be interested in looking.

I've tried Penske. In addition to $5k deposit for the tractor, I have to have current tractor/ trailer coverage. Not something that I have since I don't have a tractor/ trailer.
ntxaggie
Are you certain you need a tractor/trailer combination? You can pull quite a bit with a super duty-sized truck and trailer.

You are likely running in to roadblocks because commercial vehicles bring a whole different set of considerations, courtesy of our state and federal transportation authorities. As you have learned, they require commercial insurance, as well as a DOT number, the possibility of trip permits, routing for load zoned roads and bridges, and the equipment, expertise, and materials to safely load and secure the items on the trailer.

Your best bet might be hiring out. We often use Fronterra Freight - they are a broker and seem pretty fair. Since it is all local, a hotshot might be similarly priced. Someone like Lightning Oilfield Services in Fort Worth.

TurboVelo
AG
ntxaggie said:

Are you certain you need a tractor/trailer combination? You can pull quite a bit with a super duty-sized truck and trailer.

You are likely running in to roadblocks because commercial vehicles bring a whole different set of considerations, courtesy of our state and federal transportation authorities. As you have learned, they require commercial insurance, as well as a DOT number, the possibility of trip permits, routing for load zoned roads and bridges, and the equipment, expertise, and materials to safely load and secure the items on the trailer.

Your best bet might be hiring out. We often use Fronterra Freight - they are a broker and seem pretty fair. Since it is all local, a hotshot might be similarly priced. Someone like Lightning Oilfield Services in Fort Worth.

The trusses and "laddrs" are 24' long. There are 472 of them, at about 500 lbs each. With my Ram 3500 and trailer, I can fit 28 on each load. 4 hours each trip. You understand the math. With a tractor trailer, I can do it all in 4 trips. It's worth it, if I can find a solution.
nonameag99
No one is going to rent you a truck because of insurance and liability.

Hire a truck and driver

They are a dime a dozen

If all else fails, try acme

google your area for transportation companies
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
skelso
AG
Wow! They must have made some changes. I have rented from them (tractor and reefer) as an individual before but it's been a few years.

Shoot your contact info to me and I'll send you back some names and numbers of drivers. My email is shawn@kelsoarms.com
The Fife
TxsAggieFn said:

For now, it is going into storage in a barn just outside Fort Worth.
Just how big is this barn anyway?
BO297
Do you have a DOT number?

If you do find someone to rent you the truck and you run it without DOT numbers, you are running illegally and will face major fines if caught.

I would hire it out or run a 1 ton
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.