Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ag workers insurance

1,620 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by milkman00
AgEng14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

I am in the search of car insurance and a friend suggested I look into Ag Workers insurance. I meet the qualifications to get the insurance. I was curious if anyone here has any experience with them? Especially with claims. The last post I could find on here was 2009. Thanks for any feedback!
ShackelfordAg99
I've used them for 10+ years, and their rates are a bit better back when I actually did some shopping around. I don't have any claim experience, but I will trust them when the time comes.
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
I've had AG Workers insurance since 1985. Great insurance, great price but very restrictive. Don't get a bunch of speeding tickets or you'll get dropped. I've had a couple of minor claims and had no issues with coverage.
agfan2013
AG
No experience with claims (fortunately), but I've had them over 5 years and been happy wth them. Had a really good rate that beat everybody else although I haven't shopped rates in a couple of years. Have always gotten a dividend at the end of the year.
AgEng14
AG
Lose A Few said:

I've had AG Workers insurance since 1985. Great insurance, great price but very restrictive. Don't get a bunch of speeding tickets or you'll get dropped. I've had a couple of minor claims and had no issues with coverage.
Can you elaborate on the "restrictive" part?
Bert315
AG
Have had them since 2009 and been happy. Good rates but as someone said can be restrictive. Were really helpful when my truck was totaled 2 years ago.
rather be fishing
AG
We've been with Ag Workers for about 8-9 years. My mom works for an independent insurer and told me she probably wouldn't be able to best Ag Workers. We've been happy with them.
ought1ag
AG
I've been with them since 97 and only have good things to say.
EFE
AG
Great company, no complaints here.
96ags
AG
kevin021092 said:

Lose A Few said:

He did.

Don't get a bunch of tickets. They are probably quicker to drop you than a lot of other agencies, but it is how they control rates. I've had them since '96.
curry97
AG
I've had them since '90 and have not had any issues. Their rates are great as compared to other quotes that I have gotten over the years. I had my first claim this past Spring and it was an easy and quick process.
dsvogel05
AG
I've had them since 2005 and they've been great. No one has been able to beat their price. I had a claim in 2015 for a totaled truck and the process was fairly easy, took a little while to get the insurance proceeds, but the 3rd party evaluator was backed up.
Max06
AG
Anyone have a direct contact with them? Tried switching over earlier this year and got the run-around by their internet sales person and gave up.
Central Committee
AG
I have known some of the senior leadership of Ag Workers for many years. They are very good people, and a lot of them are good Ags as well.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
MousepadMarauder
AG
Great company. I have family members who run insurance agencies and they can never come close to their rates. I use Ag Pro Services (related entity) for homeowner's as well. Awesome rates.

The only claims I have had were processed very quickly and easily. Can't recommend higher.
HTownAg98
Don't get in a wreck out of state either, because all of their adjusters are in Texas. At least that was the case 10 years ago.
Bucketrunner
Had them since 1974. Great service. They took on Rollo and Germania last year when one of their customers tried to kill us, and Germany's tried to slow pay.

Can't recommend them highly enough
AgEng14
AG
Thanks for all the feedback! I appreciate it.
JAW3336
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Don't get in a wreck out of state either, because all of their adjusters are in Texas. At least that was the case 10 years ago.
That hasn't been an issue with them for at least the last 25yrs.

They use independent adjusters and can hire someone in any state needed.
JAW3336
AG
MousepadMarauder said:

Great company. I have family members who run insurance agencies and they can never come close to their rates. I use Ag Pro Services (related entity) for homeowner's as well. Awesome rates.

The only claims I have had were processed very quickly and easily. Can't recommend higher.
It all depends, I have beaten their rates for several different customers.

I also switched my own policy for a cheaper rate.

AnScAggie
AG
I do not have AG Workers Insurance, even though I qualify, but I will have to check it out. I am not sure the idea with insurance is to get the cheapest rate however, I have always considered it to be the best coverage possible.
96ags
AG
JAW3336 said:

MousepadMarauder said:

It all depends, I have beaten their rates for several different customers.

I also switched my own policy for a cheaper rate.

Nice advertisement!
texag_89
OP,

You better be bringing a good driving record to the table as I do not want to have to subsidize your sorry driving-a$$

2nd generation Ag and Ag Worker's customer here.

At one point, they were VERY selective about to whom they issued policies and thus no one could touch their rates..... With their expansion into insuring "non-agriculture" folks and with added products they have previously loosened those restrictive requirements.

PS: Been lots of good "Ag"-Ags on the Board and in executive positions throughout the years at AW and for any AgEco or other Ag majors they have a great intern program from what I have heard.

I am a big proponent of theirs, just make your premiums and hold down claims and tickets (if auto) because they will boot you otherwise.

_89
RockOn
I've had AG Workers since 2010 with one claim. Love them, best rates and great service.

Edit: wasnt a claim on ag workers, the other guys insurance paid
KALALL
AG
I've shopped around multiple times and nobody has been able to get near AgWorkers. I've only had one claim but it was a piece of cake to deal with them.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
kevin021092 said:

Lose A Few said:

Don't increase your risk factors that increases the likelihood of a claim.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
B-1 83
AG
Many of my coworkers had it and were pleased. USAA was able to beat them, that's where I stayed.
milkman00
AG
USAA didn't beat them for me.

OP, If you get in wrecks or tickets, please don't join Ag Workers. I don't want you impacting my rates!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.