Outdoors
Sponsored by

NRA stops free insurance coverage program

1,375 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gibberish
SanAntoneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recently I joined the NRA and last week received the card and stickers in the mail along with a letter thanking me for joining and that I can extend my membership for a super low cost of $20 for a year.

The letter also notes that a member benefit is up to $2,500 worth of ArmsCare firearms insurance along with instructions on how to activate online. So I figured I'd go ahead and activate it this afternoon, well, because, why not.

Turns out that www.nra.org/activate is a dead link and after searching a bit I came across this:

https://mynrainsurance.com/insurance-products

GUN INSURANCE
As an NRA member and firearms owner, you have unique insurance needs that often can't be met by standard homeowners, renters and auto insurance policies. The Gun Insurance Program is designed to give you strong, reliable coverage at affordable rates. All are backed by a dedicated team that truly understands your needs and wants to make sure you have the peace of mind you deserve.

Not an NRA member yet? No problem! You can still purchase insurance, and we will include an NRA membership during the application process.

We regret that we are no longer able to offer no-cost ArmsCare coverage.

Kind of ****ty that they were promoting this "valuable" no cost insurance offer as of last week but now it's no longer available.

Edit: upon googling, Lockton Affinity stopped underwriting NRA insurance back in late February. Conversely, the NRA has sued them.

Three months later and the NRA hasn't updated their promotional literature...
Gig 'em! '90
SD_71
AG
Well sh*t! I would get them to refund my money. The NRA should be put out of business for things like this, cheating honest people out of their hard earned money.
gibberish
AG
SD_71 said:

Well sh*t! I would get them to refund my money. The NRA should be put out of business for things like this, cheating honest people out of their hard earned money.
I wouldn't react this severely. If you are joining only for the insurance coverage, you should have considered discussing this with your homeowner/renters insurance provider. Most do offer valuable goods or firearms coverage as an additional rider (usually for less than the membership fee runs).

Should they update their literature, absolutely. In my opinion being a voting member to hopefully affect a change in the organization has sufficient value but that's a personal decision each person makes.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.