Outdoors
Sponsored by

Tractor Repair near Freer

1,425 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by COSCAG00
CrazyMRanch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody have a contact for a tractor repair person that will travel out to our ranch near Freer?
Naveronski
AG
What kind of tractor?

I know a guy, but he's not down there every week.
Deerdude
I know a retired John Deere mechanic in Encinal. I might see him on tuesday when I do a feed run, I'll ask.
George08
AG
Need more details. What kind of tractor and what kind of repair?
txaggie02
AG
Deerdude said:

I know a retired John Deere mechanic in Encinal. I might see him on tuesday when I do a feed run, I'll ask.

We have a JD tractor on our lease just several miles west of a Encinal on 44. It needs some TLC every now and then. If your guy is looking for a little side work, please let me know. We'd love to have somebody close in a time of need.
OneMoonGoon92
AG
Im looking for a tractor mechanic as well in the Crystal City/Carrizo Springs/ Batesville area. Its been a challenge so far.
CrazyMRanch
Thanks guys. It's an old JD, not sure of the model #. Probably from the late 70's. Mid-size, 4WD, diesel.

We replaced the hydraulic hoses on top, but I suspect that hoses underneath are leaking fluid. It holds a lot of fluid, and the tank was bone dry. Also needs an oil change and new filter. Basically, it needs a tune-up and I am not the guy to do it.
txaggie02
AG
Deer dude, did you find anything out from your guy around Encinal?
COSCAG00
AG
If y'all are interested dad is a retired tractor mechanic out of Beeville who has been all over south Texas ranches working on tractors for the last 45 years. I can pass his info along to you if you haven't found anyone yet. Hes old and moves slow but gets the job done.

Heres my email (remove all of the spaces) f t d 0 0 @ y a h o o . c o m
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.