Outdoors
Sponsored by

Polaris Ranger lift kit recs?

1,039 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WestTexasAg
clintaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to lift my ranger and put bigger tires on it. Anyone have a recommendation?

2017 900 crew if that matters.
saltydog13
AG
How much lift/tire sizes you looking for?
Deerdude
I put a 3" lift on my 12 and have had axle issues ever since. Not sure I like the issues, but I have not high centered .
clintaggie04
AG
Somewhere between 2" and 4". I'd like to run 28" tires. I'm considering just going with spacers.

There is a creek I have to cross often and I really need the extra clearance.
slammerag
AG
I would put forward offset a arms and ground clearance a arms in back. Super atv has all of this. Be careful if you don't use the steering stops.
RangerCrew
AG
4" lift from Super ATV will for 27's. Very easy to install. I also put high a clearance forward A arms (highly recommend) on mine and can fit 28's. If you do this you might as well replace all the bushings and ball joints in the suspension. I also added high performance front springs that give it another inch or two so I can run the front springs on the lowest level for the best ride without giving up clearance. One other thing, Depending on your wheels, some kits require spacers. I highly recommend not going a route that requires spacers. It looks good and rides better but I took mine off the first time it rained because it throws mud everywhere with the tires outside the fender wells.

The axles beginning in '12 or '13 didn't have the same issues as the earlier models.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Whatever you do, please make sure to use L (low) gear when you're crawling around at low speeds.

Unfortunately, I know a couple of people that are unaware that L serves a purpose and that you can avoid burning up a belt every season if you actually use it.
AnScAggie
AG
Not sure how the '17 is but I put 27" tires on my '12 without lifting it and just adjusting the upper shock bracket arm to make it a little taller for the tire clearance. There's no rubbing and it rides great.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Putting a lift kit on a Polaris Ranger.

'Merica.
WestTexasAg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Putting a lift kit on a Polaris Ranger.

'Merica.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.