Outdoors
Sponsored by

Sweet Mother Texas

5,923 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PFG
proudaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

My business has me spoiled to the point that sometimes I guess I take it for granted

4-5 months yr in BCS. Basically Sept to January
5-6 months yr on SPI / RGV. Mostly February to June

Interspersed with 6-8 weeks in summer months in Colorado

But I'll say this and I mean it 100%:

If I'm not in Texas, I don't feel right. I can enjoy being on top of the Grand Mesa in the summer. Or a weekend in the mountains around Ouray......but when I cross back into Texas Imjust feel............different. Better.

Man, I grew up in Harlingen & thought I'd always feel this same way. I visited some cool out-of-state places growing up and in college, but only felt at home in Texas. Then I visited Denver in August 2007 and it was 77* high and 55* at night... and 10-15* cooler in the mountains. And I just loved the area.

It's cool you get to rotate and get some variety. It's all about feeling at home. I love Aggieland!
76Ag
AG
You can't buy a 30 round mag in Denver....
AgEng98
AnScAggie said:

He's a punter and there wasn't a need. PSU is very much like aTm when I was there from a campus feel, hell their dairy is across the street from the football stadium.

As James Carville so aptly described PA, "Pittsburgh on end, Philadelphia on the other, and Alabama in between" I've spent a lot of time in Lancaster county and central PA. Good folks up there.
Central Committee
AG
Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait to fire up that smoker I bought from you last year.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Went to deer camp yesterday evening. Mama made some good sides and I grilled venison tenderloin for dinner. Filled a couple of feeders with my son this morning, stacked cut cedar then pulled the carb off the '85 Honda quad. Then shot handguns, AR and 10/22. Truck thermometer said it was 100 when we bailed at 5.

Love me some Texas.
Gig 'em! '90
Gigemags05
AG
Reading through this thread brought this quote to mind:

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it and, as in other religions, few people dare to inspect it for fear of losing their bearings in mystery or paradox. But I think there will be little quarrel with my feeling that Texas is one thing. For all its enormous range of space, climate, and physical appearance, and for all the internal squabbles, contentions, and strivings, Texas has a tight cohesiveness perhaps stronger than any other section of America. Rich, poor, Panhandle, Gulf, city, country, Texas is the obsession, the proper study, and the passionate possession of all Texans."

- John Steinbeck
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
SanAntoneAg said:

Went to deer camp yesterday evening. Mama made some good sides and I grilled venison tenderloin for dinner. Filled a couple of feeders with my son this morning, stacked cut cedar then pulled the carb off the '85 Honda quad. Then shot handguns, AR and 10/22. Truck thermometer said it was 100 when we bailed at 5.

Love me some Texas.
Do you prefer, Juniper Removal Technician, Tree Surgeon or just good ol' Cedar Chopper? I kid, I kid.
drummer0415
AG
Central Committee said:

Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait to fire up that smoker I bought from you last year.

I'm glad it went to a good home and a true Texan. Post some pics when you finally get to cooking on it.
PFG
AG
Spent the weekend doing the following:

- Fishing for catfish on the lower Colorado River
- Cutting up a dead/dry post oak for splitting later this year
- Fixing food plot fence
- Filling deer feeders
- Drinking cold beer
- Grilling red meat

It was a damn good Texas weekend and I'm happy to be raising my family here.

But it still doesn't change my mind about my retirement years. Texas weather sucks for too many months. I curse May to October waiting for a change, only to find that half the winters aren't worth a shat. When the kids are grown and out, I want to sell the house and rent something in Texas, buy somewhere else. When it weather man predicts the first day of 95, I'm out. Be back when the bucks rut in the hill country.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.