Outdoors
Sponsored by

Need License Plate help immediately

8,977 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ellebee
dr_boogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is he still outside your house or did the cops take him away when they towed his car? Is this thing still live? I don't understand your post - you ordered him an Uber?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
dr_boogs said:

Is he still outside your house or did the cops take him away when they towed his car? Is this thing still live? I don't understand your post - you ordered him an Uber?

They never found him. Apparently had some other calls about soliciting around the corner late at night from other neighbors (couple streets over).

Starting over:
Dude shows up and rings door at 9:47
I answer (via Ring) and he tells me
"Car key (or car battery) is dead... calling an Uber... just letting you know I'm going to leave it in front of your house until I get battery"
Me - "ok" (not going to converse because I am not there)
Notify wife to get her parents/friend/someone over to check license plate and car model
Post here concurrently
Wait 15 - 20 minutes
He is still there and then my neighbor (cop) leaves for work, so I call cops
He is still sitting in car, now blaring music...
he then gets out starts shadow boxing away from my house and towards cops
Slowly trots off right before the cop shows up on video
They come to house and describe the guy they saw coming in... perfect match
He runs away when additional deputy/officer comes in for support and then they try and find him
Don't find him, to my knowledge yet
Call tow truck
Search car
Tow his car
And here we are
Bregxit
AG
Oh crap. I assumed they caught him and were hauling him off. Looks like a long night for your wife. That sucks.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yeah, not fun. I'm in a hotel in Tulsa...
dr_boogs
AG
Oh man, I'm sorry. Hang in there if your wife is armed like you posted and she has family over, you're in good shape. Keep us posted.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thanks. Mother in law is staying with her tonight so one armed woman to deter/stop and one woman that doesn't stop talking to deter them if that fails.

I'm sort of kidding..
ttha_aggie_09
AG
This SOB is back in my yard looking for his car... cops en route again
Fairview
AG
Do it.

Aggie_3
Did they get his ass
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Another active search.... this time with K9 and tasers out
ellebee
Oh damn!!!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
5 officers just sped off and I could hear one of them over ring "he's running away, he's running away!"
45-70Ag
AG
did they find him.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
They apparently saw him running off. No idea... no police are at our house now. I'm assuming they're chasing him through the green belt back to the front of the subdivision
agsalaska
Bregxit
AG
Sounds like your area needs some police upgrades! I am hearing Yakkety Sax in my head and envisioning a bunch of constables running through your neighborhood in high speed like a Benny Hill skit.
ellebee
This is almost like catching a police chase live. Almost.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
This **** is creepy and really frustrating (watching from another state). I pulled up ring and just happen to catch the dude out of Detection but within visibility of the ring standing on corner of the yard. Immediately call wife and she sees the dude looking back into our house, loses her ****, cops called again she's scared ****less... not good. This guy is freaking trouble.
ellebee
Yeah **** that noise
cevans_40
AG
Just shoot his ass and throw some of your stuff next the body.
ellebee
Maybe you can listen to the police scanner for your county on broadcastify?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
This is just getting weirder... I can pick up his conversation with his mom or grandma on the phone

"It's been 4 hours and I got gas and came back and my car is gone..."
Mom/grandma:
"...something... call me... something... phone"

"I didn't have my charger..." then audio drops

Cops show up with K9 and 5 squad cars. Find a gas can across the street near neighbors house like 100 yards away from where his car was parked. As they're searching the park and the area where gas can is, someone on the radio or in front of my house (I'm listening via Ring), yells "Hes running, he's running" and they all hop in the cars and they all bolt.

I'm a little calm because I think he might have had legit car issues, but you don't run from the police twice if you have nothing to hide. You also don't run from the cops if you come back to find your vehicle missing and you need help tracking it down.

I'm assuming he either has drugs in the car, on him, or has a warrant and that's why he has ran. It doesn't sound like he was scoping out my house or my neighbors but not ready to rule it out.

Long freaking night...
ellebee
Well that sounds a bit more promising. Still scary for your wife and leaves you feeling helpless.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Talked to the Sgt... They found him and he is shady (suspicious behavior, running from cops, reports of going into another neighbors backyard) but didn't have any warrants or appear to be under the influence of drugs.

Called him a cab to get him to his impounded car and are investigating him for potential theft. Apparently he was trying to sell a neighbor a MacBook and they think it's stolen... I'm freaking exhausted and need to go to bed. Apologies if my posts aren't clearly worded. It's been a long and stressful night

Thanks for everyone's help on this!
The Anchor
AG
Fun morning read!

Glad it worked out for you (minus the lack of sleep).
HumbleAg04
AG
Good luck with your move into a gated community. Stressful night. Nothing worse than being a few hundred miles from where you need to be. Glad it had a good ending.
FSGuide
Sasappis said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Figure out who the hell he is and if his story is legit. For all I know it is... he's an idiot and horrible burgler for ringing my Ring video doorbell and getting on camera or he is telling the truth. I don't know and am not there. Wife has friend and her dad over.

I'd like to avoid calling cops if the plate comes back with a clean record or tied to a person with no criminal history.

How are you going to figure all of that out from the plate?

Just call the non emergency line for the constable. They will have some one drive by way before you can figure anything meaningful out with a name of the cars registration.

With a LP# I can find the owners DL and their criminal history. I can also find the DL of any other drivers registered at that address and their criminal history. Also any other cars any of them currently own or have ever owned. Takes about 5 minutes. Hardest part for me is remembering the password for the databases. But yeah, in this situation I would definitely suggest calling the cops before getting on the OB. I'm glad it worked out ok.
45-70Ag
AG
If he shows up tonight, you may want to have a plan for disposing him
chiken
AG
What a crappy night for you and your family!!!! I'm surprised your wife even opted to stay in the house after this knucklehead appeared. I would have 86'd it to a nearby relatives or hotel rather than stay in a house with potential for criminal activity.
BrazosDog02
AG
Quote:

This is not a normal series of events for Cinco Ranch in Katy though.

LOL. It will be before too much longer, chief.
LSB_2002
AG
My wife would've required me to drive in from Tulsa!
W
AG
always trust your instincts
Naveronski
AG
You can find those things.

I can either post and wait or call 911.
rather be fishing
AG
Interestingly enough, my pregnant wife woke me up about 3:45 because there was a man standing in our backyard yelling. He was homeless and sauced out of his gourd or high on something and yelling stuff about Jesus. APD was called. We were apparently one of several people that had the pleasure of having him in our backyard. Just happened that he liked it yard more than the others.

I armed myself until police showed up (less than 5 minutes). They took care of it.
Josepi
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Well there is your problem. If you were displaying your Outdoor Board sticker, he never would have messed with your house.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.