Outdoors
Sponsored by

OB, help my flower beds! Fungi invasion from this rain.

2,000 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LSB_2002
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do i kill this crap? It is everywhere in my flowerbed now after 3 days of steady rains.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Dry it out? Wait for sun or Corn glutenmeal works good for molds/fungus.

B-1 83
AG
Other than aesthetics, why kill it? It has the ability to breakdown some heavy duty organic matter.
FatZilla
AG
B-1 83 said:

Other than aesthetics, why kill it? It has the ability to breakdown some heavy duty organic matter.

Aesthetics, it's right at my front door. Looks terrible.
B-1 83
AG
Small rake. Scrape it off. Heat and sunshine will knock it back - it is cyclical with moisture.
Badace52
AG
The small dot shaped fungi are birds nest fungus. One day in bright sun and they will be much less conspicuous. They open into a cup that has egg shaped spores inside. Actually looks kinda cool. I have them in my flower bed all the time. It is hardly noticeable among the mulch after they open and dry out.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bregxit
AG
Could you please use an image hosting service that loads a bit slower? I didn't get my full 15 minute nap in before the pictures were done loading.
FatZilla
AG
dlance said:

Could you please use an image hosting service that loads a bit slower? I didn't get my full 15 minute nap in before the pictures were done loading.
They load fast for me, check your own connection. They are a few MB's a piece.
Bregxit
AG
FatZilla said:

dlance said:

Because they're already cached on your PC...seriously, that site is slow.
rather be fishing
AG
Quote:

Looks terrible.

Said FatZilla
FatZilla
AG
dlance said:

FatZilla said:

dlance said:

Because they're already cached on your PC...seriously, that site is slow.
Nope, loads new everytime. Not cached. Each is under 1 second. Your connection is the issue.
Bregxit
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Oogway
FLM

Fungal Lives Matter

Col. Steve Austin
AG
Consan Triple Action 20, available at your local big box store or garden center. 1 TBSP per gallon of water in a pump up sprayer. Spray one gallon of solution per 40 sq ft of area to be treated.
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
BrazosDog02
AG
FatZilla said:

B-1 83 said:

Man, I got to disagree. My favorite part of gardening is putting down fresh mulch and watching the various types of fungus pop up after a rain. Slime molds, mushrooms, I even have one that grow and looks like a red dick....it's hilarious....anyway....it'll go away. If you don't want mold, use rubber mulch.
water turkey
Don't breath those spores. Did you see Prometheus?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

FatZilla said:

B-1 83 said:

Man, I got to disagree. My favorite part of gardening is putting down fresh mulch and watching the various types of fungus pop up after a rain. Slime molds, mushrooms, I even have one that grow and looks like a red dick....it's hilarious....anyway....it'll go away. If you don't want mold, use rubber mulch.

You sound like a real fungi

ETA: I agree with you. My son and I look forward to seeing what weird growth will pop up
hurleyag
AG
FatZilla said:

How do i kill this crap?
Burn it with fire?
LSB_2002
AG
More mulch!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.