Outdoors
Sponsored by

Road rage in Frisco

3,130 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BlueSmoke
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since this involves a gun, I think this is the best forum to share this.

Read this article...

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/driver-injured-in-frisco-road-rage-shooting-police-say/287-564953199

Pretty non-descriptive article IMO.

I'm friends with a guy who knows the victim of this shooting. This is 2nd/3rd hand info at least(?) and sounds like such an urban legend that I hate to share it. But...

Supposedly the shooter was just stopped at a stop sign and not moving. The victim drove up to the intersection and eventually honked at the shooter, they roll down the back window to the truck (must've been a toyota) and started shooting. Supposedly, this is an initiation tactic for some gang, where they interrupt traffic and then start shooting at anyone who honks at them and then drive off.

9:40PM on the mean streets of Frisco...could happen anywhere.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

Supposedly, this is an initiation tactic for some gang, where they interrupt traffic and then start shooting at anyone who honks at them and then drive off.
A variation of this tale has been around for generations.
FC12
I'm not terribly surprised regarding the location. Generally close to the mall and right by The Star. And I would
Expect way more to the story...
Larry S Ross
AG
I think in the 80s it was at night. Don't flash your lights at a car coming out you with their bright lights on. Gang initiation. They have to turn around and kill you.
Fairview
AG
The gang initiation thing is true.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw it happen outside 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

rather be fishing
AG
Fairview said:

The gang initiation thing is true.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw it happen outside 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

SAVE FERRIS
45-70Ag
AG
MS13 initiation
aggiepublius
AG
Larry S Ross said:

I think in the 80s it was at night. Don't flash your lights at a car coming out you with their bright lights on. Gang initiation. They have to turn around and kill you.
Or another version was don't flash your lights at a car with its lights off.
carpe vinum
AG
Good thing there are no gangs where I live, I honk, curse, and flip off crappy drivers regularly.
MGS
What's going on in Frisco these days?

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/2-arrested-in-beating-of-teen-at-stonebriar-mall-in-frisco-police-say/287-565154170
powerbelly
AG
MGS said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/2-arrested-in-beating-of-teen-at-stonebriar-mall-in-frisco-police-say/287-565154170

Frisco is experiencing the same problems all suburbs feel when they start turning over after the new wears off.
AggiePetro07
AG
MGS said:

They wanted to be like Arlington. Now their close to being like Arlington.
BlueSmoke
Quote:

9:40PM on the mean streets of Frisco
"From the outside looking in you can't understand it, and from the inside looking out you can't explain it"
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Strongweasel97
OregonAggie
AG
MGS said:

I lived near Coit and Eldorado for 5 years. There was a guy shot and killed in his driveway sometime in the last year in our neighborhood.

****'s getting real up there y'all.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
where is the next white flight? prosper?
Central Committee
AG
Used to live in that neighborhood on Box Elder.
OregonAggie
AG
I was on the other side of Coit in Panther Creek estates but close enough!
BlueSmoke
Phillips Creek Ranch. Most everyone's a transplant. Garage in the front of the houses, so loading a truck full of gun cases will earn you a few choice glances!
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.